Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone plan

Default Iphone plan
    Hey, i'm thinking of going and buying an iphone off ebay. i've heard that you can use it without a plan or something. Right now, i have a at&t plan with unlimited text, thats it, but i want to get the iphone so i can use all of it's internet, email, texts, and phone without upgrading my service. is this possible? Is it possible to just buy and iphone, put in my sim and only use the phone portion of it? any info would be greatly appreciated. I really want an iphone, i just dont want to pay the $60 month plan.

i've already read that post but it's to confusing. could you just briefly answer my questions.

Just unlock your Iphone and you will be able to use your plan without paying the extra fee of $20. Apart from that when you travel or if you decide to change your carrier provider you just switch sim cards ans that's all.

if i were to unlock it without paying the extra fee, would i be able to use EDGE etc for free, or will it charge me per use.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bryanthughes View Post
    if i were to unlock it without paying the extra fee, would i be able to use EDGE etc for free, or will it charge me per use.
    It's just the same as using your sim in any other phone, you pay for calls, texts and internet use. EDGE isnt magically free because you're using an iphone