Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Swap Two AT&T SIM Cards

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Question Swap Two AT&T SIM Cards
    Someone wants to try out my iPhone for the weekend. They have AT&T and I have a locked iPhone that is also activated with AT&T. Would I be able to swap the SIM cards of my iPhone and another AT&T phone without a whole lot of trouble and then be able to swap them back? Or would it do something weird like deactivate one to only work on the iPhone or would the other SIM not even work in the iPhone? It's kind of confusing so help is appreciated.

I just did that today. With another AT&T Sim card you have to restore the iphone to the factory setting and reactivate with that card freshly, you can't just switch and play. The activation goes the normal AT&T way or jailbreakme.com way.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by distantcu View Post
    I just did that today. With another AT&T Sim card you have to restore the iphone to the factory setting and reactivate with that card freshly, you can't just switch and play. The activation goes the normal AT&T way or jailbreakme.com way.
    You shouldn't have to sign another 2 year contract, AT&T should be able to do it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DoerrFan For This Useful Post:

ybahman (2007-12-02)

Quote Originally Posted by scienceman92 View Post
    Someone wants to try out my iPhone for the weekend. They have AT&T and I have a locked iPhone that is also activated with AT&T. Would I be able to swap the SIM cards of my iPhone and another AT&T phone without a whole lot of trouble and then be able to swap them back? Or would it do something weird like deactivate one to only work on the iPhone or would the other SIM not even work in the iPhone? It's kind of confusing so help is appreciated.
    You can use a different AT&T Sim only on SIM unlocked Iphone. I have a regular AT&T contract on a 4gb Iphone, when I unlock a new Iphone I swap the sims and it works.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elfribo View Post
    You can use a different AT&T Sim only on SIM unlocked Iphone. I have a regular AT&T contract on a 4gb Iphone, when I unlock a new Iphone I swap the sims and it works.
    Yup, i unlocked mine

hy, i bought an iphone from united states, i´d like to know, can i use this iphone with t-mobile as well - i think the phone is locked only for AT&T!

hy, i bought an iphone from united states, iŽd like to know, can i use this iphone with t-mobile as well - i think the phone is locked only for AT&T!
    Last edited by torti1973; 2007-11-21 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yes ! if you unlock it it will work!