Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unlocked iPhone, using old AT&T plan, how to I get EDGE to work?

Default unlocked iPhone, using old AT&T plan, how to I get EDGE to work?
    unlocked an iPhone, called AT&T and switched to the 19.99 unlimited data plan, but still no EDGe. what do I need to do?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jacobzking For This Useful Post:

TigerDigm (2009-05-28)

Why do you need to unlock it if you have AT&T? My suggestion: Restore it, activate it the RIGHT way, and then tada!

Go to this link and it will tell you how to modify the phone to get edge to work.

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?p=79100

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    Why do you need to unlock it if you have AT&T? My suggestion: Restore it, activate it the RIGHT way, and then tada!

I don't know if he has the same issue with the Apple/AT&T plan as I do, but I have a military discount through my regular AT&T/Cingular plan, and i would loose that discount if I activated the iPhone through iTunes. Customer service rep from AT&T tells me that I can't upgrade to a unlimited data usage plan with my iPhone because it is not compatable with the iPhone. I call bullsh*t. Unlimited data transfer is unlimited data transfer.

Anyone else have any input on this?

just get a regular data plan. Don't tell them you have an iphone. In their system, they have a record of whatever phone you activated through them initially. Just get an unlimited data plan. It shouldn't be more than $20. It will work. I have an old sony phone in recrod with them. My unlimited is $15 and it works on the iphone! Obviously, you'll have to have an jailbroken or unlocked phone

Yea, I work at at&t and I have a jailbroken iPhone without the iPhone data plan. I didn't want to sign a new 2yr, I didn't want to lose my discount, and I also didn't want to lose my $10 text package. I pay $15 for unlimited internet and $10 for 200sms and unlimited m2m sms.

It saves me approx $35 a month to be jailbroken and the only thing I'm missing is visual voicemail. The only way to get that to work is to have a valid iPhone on the account.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to chiperten For This Useful Post:

bamrbam161 (2008-03-06)