Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cant recieve calls from verizon?!?!

iPhone? More like MyPhone wgr73's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Cant recieve calls from verizon?!?!
    It started off that I couldnt recieve text or calls...then att changed my LRN (location routing number) and I was able to recieve text from verizon. But for some reason I can't receive calls still? I have talked to them for around 8 hours and they keep giving me the run around...(At&t: "its verizon, it not att"; Verizon: "its At&t, not verizon". what should I do? Has anyone else experienced this problem? It has been going on since I ported my number from verizon on friday!

Thanks

its got to be the towers where your at...

Thanks

Thanks, but its not the towers...everyone can call me but my mom(verizon) and all of my other friends on verzion. I was thinking that the port on verizons side may have not went thru right. We also just had a recent area code change which seems to be affecting my phone. I call out as 575 but 505 should work as well and doesnt!

Thanks

Woah, woah, woah hold the phone here.
    Your iPhone is running on Verizon?

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    Woah, woah, woah hold the phone here.
    Your iPhone is running on Verizon?
    no, his phone cant recieve calls from verizon numbers
    he has att now, and recently transferred from verizon
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lifesmymachine View Post
    haha I thought he got a cdma carrier working on an iphone
     Think Different

If he could rewrite the software to physically change the radio hardware, I think hardware and software gurus alike, would hail him as a GOD. :lol:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lifesmymachine View Post
    Oh...
    Well i got excited for nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by wgr73 View Post
    It started off that I couldnt recieve text or calls...then att changed my LRN (location routing number) and I was able to recieve text from verizon. But for some reason I can't receive calls still? I have talked to them for around 8 hours and they keep giving me the run around...(At&t: "its verizon, it not att"; Verizon: "its At&t, not verizon". what should I do? Has anyone else experienced this problem? It has been going on since I ported my number from verizon on friday!
    The issue is a translations error on Verizonís network their system is not routing calls to the correct lrn, what you need to do is contact the Verizon port dept and have them put in a case to have this issue corrected. The issue is not on the att network, the way I know is I work in escalations dept (offline) with att porting and we have to work with them to get issues like this corrected.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lowbrass View Post
    The issue is a translations error on Verizonís network their system is not routing calls to the correct lrn, what you need to do is contact the Verizon port dept and have them put in a case to have this issue corrected. The issue is not on the att network, the way I know is I work in escalations dept (offline) with att porting and we have to work with them to get issues like this corrected.
    Thanks brass! This was take care of about 5 days ago!!! Could you by chance tell me why cant send text to 2 of my friends on verizon? It worked before I ported?

Default Text
    Quote Originally Posted by wgr73 View Post
    Thanks brass! This was take care of about 5 days ago!!! Could you by chance tell me why cant send text to 2 of my friends on verizon? It worked before I ported?
    Are they sending from the iPhone and not going to the Verizon phone or getting an error when you send from the iPhone?

Thanks

It appears that mine send fine, they just don't receive them. I don't get any errors.

Default Text
    if it looks like the texts are sending correctly from the iPhone 1 thing that would need to be checked is if it is added correctly to the account but if you are sending fine to other carrier's and justVerizon customers are not able to get text then again it is going to be something the is on Verizon's network, that is only if again that you can send to other carriers and not just AT&T customers

Thanks

Yeah, I can send to other carriers...and to most of my verizon buddys. Just those 2 buddys on verizon cant recieve them...Weird!

Default Text
    if that is the case what I would do is call my friends becase they might need to call Verizon and speak with there tech team to get resolved. it sounds like Verizon might have some issue on the back end

16. The Following User Says Thank You to lowbrass For This Useful Post:

wgr73 (2007-11-18)

Thanks

Ok, I just wanted to see if there was anything else we could do before that. Thanks!

Thanks

Dude, I have another question. All calls from verizon work except when people go out of town...why is this? They get that same message: "Sorry, number has been disconnected..."?!? Whats going on, is the LRN different for other cell towers in other cities?