Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I want to email my phone. . whats the address?

Thanks

You gotta have AOL, Yahoo or Gmail to be able to email your phone...
    EDM

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

to email your phone just send an email to whatever email account you have on your iphone
    iLive an iLife

thats if you want to send a txt via email but if you want email try gmail or yahoo
    17" Macbook pro 2.4GHz 160gb leopard/windows xp
    8gb iphone (AT&T)
    PS3/Xbox 360 premium and elite/wii
    Nikon D40x w/55-200 AF telephoto
    WD passport 160gb (for windows)
    Pioneer Elite 60" 1080/24p
    Denon AV receiver AVR-1705
    Im rich *****

no i know all that .. . . this is what i want to do ..

in my gmail setup, i want to make a filter, so that when i get a email from a certain address, that it sends my phone a text message. .. so that way i know to check my email and see the picture message that was mailed to me from someone else. . .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mp3Supply View Post
    no i know all that .. . . this is what i want to do ..

in my gmail setup, i want to make a filter, so that when i get a email from a certain address, that it sends my phone a text message. .. so that way i know to check my email and see the picture message that was mailed to me from someone else. . .

No..only a text message.

You must install swirly mms for that.
    =======================================
    Every time you download music, GOD kills a kitten.
    =======================================

So rather than receive the actual email on your phone, you want to receive a text message instead? Do you not have internet on it? If not WHY??
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

no i have the internet.. . . all my friends mail their MMS messages to my emaill.. that way i bypass the gay viewmymessage.com.. . . ok so mail only checks its self every 15mins at min... and when does it, and it pulls down the emails.. .it only makes a noise and doesnt illuminate the screen. .. . it will vibrate if its on but still doesnt light the screen..

so therefore i really dont notice that i have emails until i unlock the phone. . .

so if i set gmail to have a filter that it fowards some sort of message to my phone as a SMS message, the screen will light up and i will see who its from.. and then i will know to check my real mail to pull down a MMS message that has been sent to my gmail account . ..

does that make sense!?!?!? it does in my head but i may not be explaing it right. ... and i cant spell either, and i dont feel like correcting my grammer.. .

im gonna try that address you gave me for AT&T ill report back. .

number@@txt.att.net didn't work!?

okay it worked.. .. now i have to setup a filter

JACKPOT!!

Okay so let me try to explain this more clear now...

------------------------------------------------------
    Disreguarding SwirlyMMS because im on AT&T.

When someone sends me a picture message, we have to goto viewmymessage.com. Okay that is ridic. So i tell my friends to send their MMS messages to my email address [email protected].

The problem the arises that the email only checks every 15mins at min, and it doesnt illuminate the screen if a new mail is recieved. So, unless your listening or have the phone in your hand, your not going to know your have a email (aka, a MMS message in your inbox). So there are times when someone will send me a picture message, and i wont get it till an hour later, because i didnt unlock my phone to go into the main screen.

When you recieve a text and the screen is off, it will illuminate. That is how i most frequently know somthing is going on, when I'm driving and whatnot.

So this was my plan, and it worked.

1. Get a person MMS address and create a gmail filter to forward that email to [email protected]. Where number is your own number.

2. So i made a filter for a verizon number. [email protected].
    3. Choose to FORWARD any email from this number to [email protected]
    4. Apply filter.
    5. Done

So i just tested it with my friend next to me. I had him send a MMS message from his verizon phone to my gmail account. The filter then worked and i got a text message a few secs of recieving it in my inbox, and my screen lit up. You can see the text of the email and can at least get the point across that you have a MMS message. ..

So there you have it. . . instant notification of MMS message to your gmail inbox!

w00t!!!

does anyone still think im crazy?!?!
    Last edited by Mp3Supply; 2008-04-24 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mp3Supply For This Useful Post:

boricua1064 (2008-05-08)

I think you are a genious! I tried it and it works like a charm! Sweet! Thank you!

David