Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ridiculous App Review Story

Default Ridiculous App Review Story
    I have an app called Love Coupon Builder for iOS. I released it Valentine's Day week of 2013, and updated it two other times, last time was March of this year. The premise was simple, you fill out a 'love coupon' and then send it. The nifty thing was that it included a way to encode a 'secret' message to a QR code, and could be sent as a Pass for Passbook. All versions from the very first featured this, and went through the review process three times without issues. On the last update for the app, it was rejected for violating section 23.1 of guidelines stating that personal use coupons could not be made into a pass. When I asked about this and appealed it due to it being approved 3 other times with this, it got worse. Now, they are investigating the original reviewers because it should NEVER have been allowed through, and implied that if I didn't submit an update to REMOVE the passbook support, they would pull the app altogether from the AppStore. This app was featured on many sites back in February this year, and broke Top 50 in Entertainment that day in the USA. It is just ridiculous to me that Apple would approve something 3 times, then reject an update and threaten to remove it altogether. I'm usually all onboard for whatever Apple wants to do in their garden, but I'm at a loss for this one. Lest I anger the giant, though, I submitted an update for this. I just wanted to share my story with all those I could.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to spiderguy84 For This Useful Post:

bobbydigitalbg (2014-05-14)