Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need to install iOS 7 app on iOS 6

iPhone? More like MyPhone broncosi's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Need to install iOS 7 app on iOS 6
    I bought the vinyet app from the iTunes store but I can't install it because I am on iOS 6 and it requires iOS 7. Any way to get around this to install it on my iPhone 5? Tried to SSH it in but I didn't find the right place to put it. Any help is appreciated!

You could try and edit the version number if the firmware that you are on in the SystemVersio.plist file located in

/System/Library/CoreServices

Make sure that you change it back!

You can see the change take effect in the settings app under General/About

Good luck!

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

Thanks

That was a great idea and worked to install the app through some other loop holes but the app just crashes when it's booting. Any other suggestions?

Now that I have the app on the phone but it still crashes, could I edit anything in the info plist for the app itself? Any way to roll back the version to make it compatible? I also have the iTunesMetaData.plist file. here is what's in the file:

bplist00$

!"#$%'-.3456>[email protected]??UVnpqrstuvw_UIRequiredDevice Capabilities_CFBundleURLTypes_CFBundleInfoDictiona ryVersion_%UISupportedInterfaceOrientations~ipad_D TPlatformVersion\CFBundleNameYDTSDKName]CFBundleIcons_LSApplicationCategoryType_LSRequires IPhoneOS_CFBundleDisplayNameZDTSDKBuild_CFBundleSh ortVersionString_CFBundleSupportedPlatforms_ UISupportedInterfaceOrientations_BuildMachineOSBui ld_DTPlatformBuild_MinimumOSVersion\DTXcodeBuild_C FBundleDevelopmentRegion_CFBundlePackageType_CFBun dleVersionZUIAppFonts_UIStatusBarHidden_UIPrerende redIcon]FacebookAppID^UILaunchImages^UIDeviceFamily_Facebo okDisplayName_CFBundleIdentifierWDTXcode_CFBundleE xecutable_CFBundleSignature^DTPlatformName_CFBundl eResourceSpecificationZDTCompiler&Uarmv7()*_CFB undleURLSchemes+,_fb419043841539207VvinyetS6.0/012_UIInterfaceOrientationPortrait_(UIInterfaceOri entationPortraitUpsideDown_#UIInterfaceOrientation LandscapeLeft_$UIInterfaceOrientationLandscapeRigh tS7.0VVinyet[iphoneos7.078_CFBundlePrimaryIcon9:_CFBundleIcon Files;<=Xicon29ptXicon40ptXicon60ptP V11B508S1.4CXiPhoneOSE_UIInterfaceOrientationPor traitW13A3028V11B508S7.0V5A3005RenTAPPLR46NOPQR_G othamHTF-Book.otf_OpenSans-Bold.ttf_OpenSans-Regular.ttf_OpenSans-Semibold.ttf\Amaranth.otf _419043841539207W`diXYZ[\]^__UILaunchImageOrientation_UILaunchImageName_UILa unchImageSize_UILaunchImageMinimumOSVersionXPortra itWDefaultZ{320, 568}S7.0XYZ[a]bcXPortraitZ{320, 480}S7.0XYZ[efghXPortrait[launch-iph5Z{320, 568}S7.0XYZ[jklmXPortrait[launch-iph4Z{320, 480}S7.0oVVinyet_com.arqball.vinyetT0502VVinyetT? ???Xiphoneos_ResourceRules.plist_"com.apple.compil ers.llvm.clang.1_0 S r … "7MXu’/AL`t‚‘*+68>@CX[ovz*#/2HK_clu~€‡‹–˜
    $<IJK]bk†š !-8<ENZeikmt‰Ž•š x
    Last edited by broncosi; 2013-12-21 at 12:19 AM.

My guess is that it is just not compatible with the older version of iOS that you are running.

Sorry bro, that's all I've got.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

Thanks

thank you for your help!