Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Typing Issues

Default Typing Issues
    I am having horrible typing issues with misspellings on the Iphone4, is there an alternate keyboard program or something I can do to increase my accuracy.

Frequent bothers include hitting the return instead of the N, or the space key as well as auto-correcting things I frequently abbreviate and having it fix LOL to something else, or other words to something else.

If the keys could be bigger or something.

Any suggestions please.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Turn it landscape? I don't know of any tweaks that can make the keys bigger, sorry

The autocorrect can be turned off if you'd like, but usually I just train it to type why I want instead of autocorrecting it by retyping the same thing, x'ing out the autocorrect, and retyping again until it stops. Works for most words, except some like y'all apparently won't work. There's an alternative keyboard in Cydia, called iTypefastR or something like that. It's supposed to be an easier way to type but I don't think it fixes the whole fingers too big problem either.

I wonder if there has been any improvement on the Swype-like tweak. Could check that out too if you'd like

As for compatibility, I don't know what either of those tweaks are compatible up to firmware-wise.

thanks I.annie last time I tried it, it was far behind what it was on other platforms.