Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Crack development apps for testing?

Default Crack development apps for testing?
    Crack Development Apps for Testing
    Hello! I have developed a few iPhone and iPad Applications. I am in the final testing precesses and I had an idea. I should implement an anti-piracy tool into my app so that it can't be cracked for use in *** mod edit ***. But I am looking for a way to test that the anti-cracking protocol was implemented correctly. I have jailbroken my devices and downloaded "*** mod edit***". Unfortunately I learned that this can only crack Apps downloaded from the app store. I would installed the app through iTunes. It is copyrighted by my company so their should be no legal issues. Does anyone have any idea how to test and see if my app can be cracked?
    Last edited by Mes; 2011-07-30 at 02:50 AM.

Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Ok, let me see if I've got this straight. In order to be grounded protect my software from evil pirates, I've got to be crazy a good guy. And I must be crazy a good guy to keep flying my apps selling. But if I ask to be grounded talk about evil piracy, that means I'm not crazy a good guy anymore, and I have to keep flying my software at risk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Daneeka
    You got it, that's Catch-22.
    Whoo... That's some catch, that Catch-22.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Daneeka
    It's the best there is.
    Last edited by raduga; 2011-07-30 at 03:17 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Discussion of cracked apps / warez is not allowed. Discussion of anti-piracy methods is not allowed because it must involve cracking discussions/techniques in one form or another. The ole Catch-22.

Please take this discussion private.

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Catch-22.
    :<
    Last edited by raduga; 2011-07-30 at 03:18 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    Meh.
    ... But if I ask to be grounded talk about evil piracy, that means I'm not crazy a good guy anymore...
    Not saying that at all! MMi works very hard to keep crackers, pirates, spam, and the like out of the forums.

There are much better places to discuss this topic.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Not saying that at all! MMi works very hard to keep crackers, pirates, spam, and the like out of the forums.

There are much better places to discuss this topic.

Good luck.
    I'm sorry! I thought that sense I owned the app and rights, it was okay. Do you have any suggestions upon where I could find information on crac king apps?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macmac80210 View Post
    ... Do you have any suggestions upon where I could find information on crac king apps?
    I've never looked into it. There must be people thinking along the same lines as yourself. But likely it's a small and semi-secret group(s).

If it were well-publicized, the crackers would be stalking.
    Last edited by Mes; 2011-07-30 at 05:10 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Macmac80210 View Post
    I'm sorry! I thought that sense I owned the app and rights, it was okay. Do you have any suggestions upon where I could find information on crac king apps?
    Code signatures for integrity. External verification of licenses. Don't allow entire unencrypted binaries in RAM to load (disable_gdb() is useful but DON'T RELY ON IT!).

There are tutorials for removing DRM (designed to enable piracy) out there. They are not here. Good luck.