Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App store won't install apps?

Default App store won't install apps?
    A friend of mine just got an iPhone 3GS, and I updated to 4.3.3 and jailbroke it for her.
    One problem though.. the app store will not install apps.

I've tried multiple accounts, everytime the password is put in to download an app (free or paid), the phone goes back to the springboard and does nothing. The apps never get installed.
    Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    I saw that.. But on my own iPhone I'm able to download and install apps just fine. In fact I just downloaded Skype without any issues.

Why would my phone work and not hers? :/

[edit] I jailbroke her phone a few days back, so this is a persisting issue. Not one from today alone.
    Last edited by ZML; 2011-07-14 at 04:38 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Happened to me last night. I updated and installed an app on the wife's 3GS and it worked fine but 10 minutes later when I went to do it to my phone it got stuck.

When was the last time you rebooted her phone? Other than that I can only think of restore and rejailbreak. Did you jailbreak the night jailbreakme was released?
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Happened to me last night. I updated and installed an app on the wife's 3GS and it worked fine but 10 minutes later when I went to do it to my phone it got stuck.

When was the last time you rebooted her phone? Other than that I can only think of restore and rejailbreak. Did you jailbreak the night jailbreakme was released?
    Just rebooted her phone about a half hour ago, trying to figure out the issue..
    And it was jailbroken on July 6th, with Jailbreakme.com. Yes, the important update that was pushed through Cydia has been applied as well.

Might just end up restoring. Ugh.

If the App Store is hidden with SBSettings, or inside a Category, it cannot authenticate. Just leave it on the regular dashboard, respring and you will be fine !

Green Apple
    Thanks

I get this message when it try's to install new apps and update apps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi1310939340.805147.jpg  

i would restire and set up as new then jailbreak with redsn0w 0.9.6rc16 or rc17