Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I-Tunes Won't Recognize My i-Phone 4

Default I-Tunes Won't Recognize My i-Phone 4
    I thought I had this problem solved but I must be missing something. Whether I "allow" and "do not allow" the changed settings for my jb iphone4 the app section of the I-Tunes store does not recognize my phone. It won't allow me to check any apps that I want to sync. The whole section of the screen is opaque and I can't perform any actions. When I move to music or video the screen is normal. Does anyone have any ideas?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Have you installed anything new lately? When was the last time it worked? Does the Info section (contacts, mail, bookmarks, etc) sync ok? Are you logged in and is the computer authorized? Any other problems / issues with the iPhone? Firmware version?

Nothing new on the computer. All the other sections would allow syncing. I took the bold step of downloading the latest version of I-Tunes and calling their help desk. They say the problem is due to the jb and non-ligit software on the phone.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KETempleton View Post
    ...They say the problem is due to the jb ....
    Haha. Of course Apple would say this

Quote Originally Posted by KETempleton View Post
    ...They say the problem is due to ... non-ligit software on the phone.
    Is this true? Have you installed warez/cracked/apps?

Is that all one thing (warez/cracked/apps). I've only added some apps from either Cydia or MMI.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

No. It's apps installed (via Cydia) but from unauthorized or non-standard or non-default repositories.

Please answer the rest of my original questions: When was the last time it worked? Are you logged in and is the computer authorized (iTunes)? Any other problems / issues with the iPhone? Firmware version?

I'm not sure when it worked last. Its been quite a while since I tried to download apps from I-Tunes. Yes, I am logged in and the computer is authorized. Everything else works fine on the phone. Its running 4.10.01 firmware and 4.3.3 software. The phone was new in June.

I plugged my wifes 3GS phone in last week and was able to sync i-tunes apps.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

One sure cure is to start over with a new firmware load, jailbreak, etc. The 'sledge-hammer' approach
    But I suggest waiting a few days, maybe other users have a much better solution.

I guess you're talking about a back-up, restore, and then jailbreak. I guess I would also have to reload all my Cydia apps. Waiting a few days won't be a problem. Sounds like a plan. Thanks for the help.