Results 1 to 6 of 6

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: MS Word and else

  1. #1
    Question MS Word and else
    Hello everyone. i'm an old mac but a new iphone owner with a 3G model and OS 4.2. would like SYNC some of my smaller MS Word based docs onto my iphone, where i could open, use and revise them... looking for a simple APP that does the trick... any suggestion?

    also looking a decent english dictionary that i could pull up anytime on the iphone as well any suggestion? you help is much appreciated... P

  2. #2
    Goodreader is a great doc handler & I believe the pages app now works on iPhones if you have right firmware

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to phatcamaro For This Useful Post:

    branddoktor (2011-08-01)

  4. #3

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by branddoktor View Post
    Hello everyone. i'm an old mac but a new iphone owner with a 3G model and OS 4.2. would like SYNC some of my smaller MS Word based docs onto my iphone, where i could open, use and revise them... looking for a simple APP that does the trick... any suggestion?

    also looking a decent english dictionary that i could pull up anytime on the iphone as well any suggestion? you help is much appreciated... P
    Quote Originally Posted by phatcamaro View Post
    Goodreader is a great doc handler & I believe the pages app now works on iPhones if you have right firmware
    goodreader unfortunately is just that:
    a document READER. You can't edit MS docs with it.

    but the best ones that I've heard of, for doing what the doktor requested are:
    documents2go ($10)
    quickoffice ($15/$20?)

    Not cheap, and also I've heard they can be "not simple" to use sometimes. I think its easier to edit existing documents than create new ones, so it may not be too much trouble.

    Some more thoughts in this thread:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/apple-appst...osoft-app.html

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to raduga For This Useful Post:

    branddoktor (2011-08-01)

  7. #5
    thank you... yes i checked GOODREADER and some of the others that are excellent yet ONLY PDF readers... came a cross of an app's hall of famer and free: EVERNOTE... was a bit slow with it's signing up and their server is not always on top of things to sync data btwn various computers and other devices, but it seems to work. since it's unable to handle MS doc's diretcly, one has to use cut and paste first to create a new document that is fitted into an Evernote library... after that it appears to be seamless

    will check the apps you mentioned! best, peter

  8. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by branddoktor View Post
    thank you... yes i checked GOODREADER and some of the others that are excellent yet ONLY PDF readers... came a cross of an app's hall of famer and free: EVERNOTE... was a bit slow with it's signing up and their server is not always on top of things to sync data btwn various computers and other devices, but it seems to work. since it's unable to handle MS doc's diretcly, one has to use cut and paste first to create a new document that is fitted into an Evernote library... after that it appears to be seamless

    will check the apps you mentioned! best, peter
    re: "PDF READERS" one thing to keep in mind, is that iOS has a builtin library for displaying / rendering quite a few basic document types; including MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and some others. So, most any "PDF READER" will also display Word, PPT, Text and similar- though not all will necessarily render or display them well.

    This doesn't help you with editing or syncing though. I believe "documents2go" and "quickoffice" have native MS app support, (no need to convert) and some means of syncing with the PC.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to raduga For This Useful Post:

    branddoktor (2011-08-11)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •