Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Twitter password being stolen off Twitterific?

Default Twitter password being stolen off Twitterific?
    I use a jailbroken 3gs running 4.01 and it is the only device I have ever accessed my twitter account from (including using the Twitterific App to set up the account)

I only use the account to follow a couple of people yet somehow my password has been changed twice. First my account was used to send out two spam messages

"Free Text translation in a single click! - http://tiny.cc/nu7lk" (link was closed by the tiny link folks) The odd part was that the password was not changed before the spam messages went out. Soon after that however the password was changed.

My first password was only a six digit number, possibly brute forcible however the second password was a 10 digit number and was still changed.

I need to figure out if its something physically on my iphone, something un-secure with this particular app or if my password is just being brute forced for some odd reason. Nothing else has been touched or changed except my twitter password,

Has anyone heard about anything like this? Google keeps getting hung up on news articles about the twitter hacking in 2009 and copy->pasting the spam email only brings up twitter messages from other compromised accounts.

All in all, the twitter account alone does not worry me, but if my phone has been exploited I am much more worried about all the other data that passes through it.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2010-08-15 at 09:01 PM.