Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Non jailbrken 4.0.1 3G themes?

Default Non jailbrken 4.0.1 3G themes?
    Can we find ANY way to add color and background to get rid of black behind our apps??? Do we have to jailbreak cuz the 4.0.1 upgraded 3G won't work after jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris steward View Post
    Can we find ANY way to add color and background to get rid of black behind our apps??? Do we have to jailbreak cuz the 4.0.1 upgraded 3G won't work after jailbreak.
    Sorry. You have to jailbreak. If you just jailbreak, then install the patch to add a wallpaper, and such, then you don't ever have to open cydia again.
    There is another way, but it is still techincally jailbreaking. Redsn0w beta is still a little buggy, but you can tell it to just add multitasking or wallpaper.
    http://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev..._0.9.5b5-5.zip
    at the time i posted this link, it was down, but it should be back working sooner or later.
    Last edited by ddonuts4; 2010-08-06 at 04:40 AM.
    If i helped, don't be afraid to hit the thanks button. It won't bite!!!!

How may I hack you?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

If you dont wanna jailbreak, going to 4.0.1 will allow wallpaper on your springboard. 4.0 lags 3G phones pretty badly tho...so you might as well just stay on 3.x and jailbreak.

Thx.... I've jb'd this 4.0.1 3x and it performs BADLY so it had to be restored. Used both PWNage and Redsn0w routes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris steward View Post
    Thx.... I've jb'd this 4.0.1 3x and it performs BADLY so it had to be restored. Used both PWNage and Redsn0w routes.
    Yeah. I have heard of these problems. You can get all the fancy 4.0 stuff on 3.x In fact, I used to use the same dock they now have on 4.0 on my 3.x ipod. If it weren't for folders, you wouldn't notice any difference.
    If i helped, don't be afraid to hit the thanks button. It won't bite!!!!

How may I hack you?