Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Skype chat - bottom half of text not visible when typing

Default Skype chat - bottom half of text not visible when typing
    I'm having an issue with Skype chat - specifically making it difficult to pick up mistakes etc. This was an issue on Skype 2.0 on iOS 3.1.2, but it's the same on Skype 2.0.1 on iOS4.0 after a complete restore to first 3.1.2 and then a custom 4.0 sn0wbreeze upgrade.

The only thing I can think of is that i cooked the sn0wbreeze file from my blackra1ned iOS 3.1.2, so could any issues / corrupt Skype preferences have been carried accross? Or does the 'cooking' process not work this way?

Appreciate any input.

Last edited by Nitsson; 2010-07-24 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Image placement incorrect

I have this same issue. Used skype on my itouch yesterday and had this issue.

Also my skype doesnt backgroun anymore cause of the update. It used to background before the update.

how did you get skype to even work on a jailbroken iPhone?! I have a jailbroken 3.1.3 iPod touch 3rd gen and it's stuck at the signing in screen, Any help?

Sorry, can't help you there. Never had any issues myself.

Quote Originally Posted by techboywii View Post
    how did you get skype to even work on a jailbroken iPhone?! I have a jailbroken 3.1.3 iPod touch 3rd gen and it's stuck at the signing in screen, Any help?
    Try updating your firmware to iOS4. Skype finally works on my itouch since Im on iOS4.

but i want to be jailbroken! the spirit 4.0 JB isn't out yet, right?

I have the same issue but ti's only with a jail broken iphone I have tested and it works fine until you jailbreak it.

afaik this happens on jailbroken devices, i have the same problem on my iphone 3gs jailbroken on ios4

@lol_release and @manu08, thanks for confirming. Since I've got no plans giving up my jailbreak I'll just have to live with it. At least that gives me a bit of practice in hitting the letters dead on