Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: privacy app?

Default privacy app?
    Hi, I know I can go into settings and get rid of sms previews..I need a bit more than that. I need to stop all pop ups at all times actually, including calls. I know it's an odd request but I don't want to have to constantly put my phone on airplane mode, then deactivate it while I wait to start getting sms and voicemails an hour or so later from at&t's delayed network. I want my phone active the entire time but without lighting up when I get a call or a sms and that way I don't have to wait sometimes hours to receive messages from when I was unavailable. I know there was an app for jailbroken phones similar to this but since the iphone4 hasn't been jailbroken I was curious if one existed in the app store.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I don't think there is. Not a very big calling for people wanting to defeat the whole purpose of the phone lol. Why not just turn it off or like you said airplane mode? You shouldn't have to wait more than MAYBE 2-3 minutes for texts and stuff to come through after turning off airplane mode.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

The problem with airplane mode for me is that sometimes it'll take a day for me to get a text message and that is bad business.

Thanks

If you were jailbroken, iBlacklist would do exactly what you need.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thekiddo View Post
    The problem with airplane mode for me is that sometimes it'll take a day for me to get a text message and that is bad business.
    I've never heard of it taking anywhere near this long for text messages to come through. Are you positive they were sent while the phone was on airplane mode?
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

Quote Originally Posted by soulthoughts View Post
    If you were jailbroken, iBlacklist would do exactly what you need.
    yeah i love iblacklist when my phone was jailbroken... is there a reason why a call filtering app gets rejected from the app store?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by warubozu View Post
    yeah i love iblacklist when my phone was jailbroken... is there a reason why a call filtering app gets rejected from the app store?
    Because it operates outside it's "Sandbox" that each app has to stay within according to Apple's guidelines. Basically each app can only do things to itself and are not able to change or alter a different app.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    Because it operates outside it's "Sandbox" that each app has to stay within according to Apple's guidelines. Basically each app can only do things to itself and are not able to change or alter a different app.
    ok that makes sense... that sucks though. call/sms filtering is really a useful feature to have.