Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facebook crashing?

Default Facebook crashing?
    6 of my friends with the iphone are having problems on facebook. app launches for a few seconds then it crashes, any one else have that problem??

iPhone? More like MyPhone mikelikesanime's Avatar
    Thanks

My wife and I are having the same problem

Yea same here... I really don't care of the app but hope they are doing something to upgrade it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

phew thought it was just me, i uninstalled it and installed it a few times and kept doing it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    same here. on a 3gs jailbroken on ios 4. thought it was a theme that i had just installed. maybe not lol

Yep same here! Just started happening though as in I was using it this morning fine but now after reinstalling it keeps crashing.

Also 3gs jailbroken 3.1.3

edit: I installed auspost app and a samurai game before it started happening.
    Last edited by snowdweller; 2010-07-14 at 05:24 AM. Reason: More info

me 2, son of a B, they need to buy some more servers...
    Something Hidden in iPhone 4---Steve Jobs twitter

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

it's happening to everyone I think...the app launches and if you look in the status bar it crashes as it's refreshing...I think it's something to do with their servers..Upgrade, fiddling around...power cord came out the wall , should probably be fixed soom because I assume if it's not well be getting many more of this exact same thread...
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

I confirmed with 15 FB friends that use iPhone all have same issue all have different iphones (2g, 3g, 3gs, I have iPhone 4) FB crashing on all iPHones. I went as far as soft resetting iphone. uninstall and reinstall app and put iPhone 4 in DFU mode and reinstalled firmware and installed ONLY FB app to make sure no other apps messing it up and it Still crashed. This is clearly FB iPhone app issue. maybe there is maintenance. As of now I have 5 friends that say it is working for them. on iPhone 3Gs it is now working. MY iPhone 4 still crashing. Not working for all people.
    Last edited by reyg25atx; 2010-07-14 at 06:04 AM.

Its fixed now, try it again people

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    hahahahaha crisis averted lol

Thanks

Same here!! Thought my phone was effin up

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea my app starting crashing on my i4 last night. I don't know what's causing it to crash but it happened all of a sudden out of nowhere. I tried deleting the app and re-downloading it but that didn't work. I'm sure its just a temporary issue that will be resolved soon. I've also noticed that lately my Echofon twitter app has been crashing a bit as well.

On a side note, I noticed that on my app iTrade (a stock market trading simulation/game) the icon is now blank after the last update that came out a few days ago. Not sure if the facebook, echofon and itrade issues are related in any way shape or form (and I doubt they are related) but just thought it was odd that these three issues have all been occurring recently at the same time where as they never occurred before in any combination.
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

Happened to me for a day

Facebook has been crashing for me for months, but only in certain circumstances. If I post a status update, Facebook will crash as long as that post is on the first page of loaded posts. It also usually crashes when I go to my profile or notifications. I've mostly just gotten used to using the mobile site in Safari unless I need to post a photo.

Granted, I'm still using an ancient version of the FB app because I've heard you can't even post status updates in newer versions without having to try 50 times and wait half a minute each time.