Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iBooks on 3.1.3

Default iBooks on 3.1.3
    On ModMyi, I have seen iMovie on iPhone 3gs and Pages on iPhone, but no iBooks on 3.1.3. Since I have an iPod touch 3G and want a jailbreak, I'm not upgrading for the time being. Hmm, let's see if I can make iBooks work on 3.1.3, I thought to my self. So, I merrily downloaded iBooks through iTunes then tried to install it in an unmentionable way since iTunes would say it's incompatible. When installation was "completed", nothing installed. OK, I thought to myself. Time to do some plist editing. So I edited some plists to make the minimum version 3.1.3 and reinstalled in the unmentionable way again.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Here we go! I tapped the icon < suspense > the book shelf appeared < suspense > and the screen flashed white, then the device rebooted.

Bummer

Bottom line, it don't work. If anybody wants an iBook rebooter, PM me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0046.png  
    Last edited by nerddownthestreet; 2010-06-30 at 04:54 AM.
    question = (to) ? be : !be;

I have the same problem. Does someone has an idea to make it work ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Thenextkiller's Avatar
    Thanks

You cannot get an app that is not compatible with your firmware. It's not compatible for a reason.

It will never work... I just did this post as proof. When you launch an app, it displays a png file (in this case, a book shelf), then the executable begins to load. When the executable starts to load in this case, it causes a system overload, rebooting the device. It cannot be fixed.

Ah, too bad. I can't have iOS4 on my 1st gen iTouch.