Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ping! App out Like BBM

Thanks

yup its free in app store for the moment but looks like it still needs a little work but saying that I thought it only worked iphone to iphone...still will be a good app to check out !
    Iphone 3g 16g jailbroken4.2.1... "dont fear the jailbreak !"

iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Thanks

needs some improvment for sure but it has potential...

iPhone? More like MyPhone madczech's Avatar
    Thanks

sounds great and i really wanna use it, but it seems it doesnt work with unlocked iphones as apple blocks notifications for unlocked devices... is there any way around that?

Quote Originally Posted by madczech View Post
    sounds great and i really wanna use it, but it seems it doesnt work with unlocked iphones as apple blocks notifications for unlocked devices... is there any way around that?
    Same here... anyone know a workaround??

Thx!

yeah get whatsapp

works great for me
    Last edited by lkeazy; 2009-09-30 at 08:11 AM.

Thanks

I found a guide that should fix the push problems on unlocked and jailbroken iphones...
    not sure if it works though, but im trying it out right now!

The Dev-Team is back! and this time they have posted a trial fix for the Push Notification System which wasn’t working on iPhone firmware 3.0 once you have unlocked (hacktivated) and jailbroken it on your device.

We have a trial fix for push notification on hacktivated iPhones http://bit.ly/FxBtZ. We’ll polish it up but need feedback.

The steps to fix your Push Notification System on unlocked iPhone 3.0 as instructed by the Dev-Team are as follows:

A. Get Legit Keychain Data:
    *You Must Perform These Steps On A Properly Activated Device (iPhone or iPod Touch) with at least one working push app*

1. Unzip the downloaded zip file and copy the binary ‘nimble’ using SSH into /private/var/Keychains and set permission to 0755

2. Make sure the file "keychain-2.db" is in /private/var/Keychains and run nimble. You will see 4 files being created:
    – youtube-cert.bin
    – youtube-key.bin
    – push-cert.bin
    – push-key.bin

3. Copy these 4 files into the corresponding folder on your hactivated device.

B. Testing Push:
    *You Must Perform These Steps On Your Hacktivated Device*

1. Unzip the downloaded zip file and copy the following files using SSH into /private/var/Keychains and set permission to 0755:
    – inject
    – nimble

2. Store in somewhere else the current "keychain-2.db" and run inject. A new keychain-2.db will be created

3. Uninstall the push app (i.e. Beejive or similar) you intend to test on from your hacktivated device and reboot

4. Test Youtube, reinstall the above push app and test.

I haven’t tried the above steps yet. Let me know if the above steps fix your Push Notification System on your iPhone with firmware 3.0. I will be back shortly with a more detailed tutorial on how to get it working. Stay tuned!

UPDATE 1: I have tested the fix and it works on both iPhone 2G and iPhone 3G. Follow the step by step guide here to get Push notifications from push capable apps on your unlocked iPhone running firmware 3.0.

works! or even a easier way to fix push:

1. add http://cydia.iphoneil.net
    2. delete all apps using push
    3. istall Push fix from cydia
    4. reinstall apps that use push (Ping!)

Voilà it shoud work fine now
    Last edited by madczech; 2009-09-30 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. The Following User Says Thank You to madczech For This Useful Post:

extremzocker (2009-10-12)

Thanks

Ok very cool app but mine keeps crashing after I have sent or recieved a few messages. I have found that deleting chats and user log from the app using ifile fixs it until I have a few more messages. Help please 3g, 3.1 jailbroken. Thanks

Oh I def know it's my phone as my 2 mates have same as me but not jb and there's is working 100% but there's not an app in the world good enough to make me go stock.
    Last edited by se23; 2009-09-30 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I would wait a few days, cause I think its because of the hype for the app as it was just released, and it still has a few (a lot ) of bugs... I guess with the next update it should work just fine... and again with all the people with unlocked iphones install "push fix" from cydia and Ping works after that!

cheers

Thanks

Ok madczech I will wait, the only thing I thought tho is that it does seem to work fine on non jb phones so they mite not do anything about the crashes. Does is crash for anybody else on a jb iphone

Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    Ok madczech I will wait, the only thing I thought tho is that it does seem to work fine on non jb phones so they mite not do anything about the crashes. Does is crash for anybody else on a jb iphone
    working great on my 2G iphone after installing pushfix from cydia, get it!

Thanks

Thanks red, but no it's still the same. I knew pushfix was 4 hacktivated or unlock but mine is neither but I thought I'd try anyway. I'll just have to wait for update

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

If only I had friends that IM and have an iPhone. Those l0sers.

I love this app!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Russell89 For This Useful Post:

Lynnoates (2011-01-05)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Tried out both... Whatsapp and Ping! Didn't like either one.

I'll stick to Texts...lol

BBM 5.0 still surpasses both of those mentioned above. I'll wait around a bit longer til something that allows us to communicate with BB users.
    - David's patiently waiting for 3.1 break! "

" Made the switch from BB to iPhone... "

Quote Originally Posted by madczech View Post
    Seems to be working great with my jailbroken/unlocked 3.0 3G iPhone...didn't even need to download "push fix"...which I couldn't find in Cydia to begin with...

I have an unlocked 3g 3.0 and have tried the manual fix as well as the cydia pushfix. I installed ping after both and my friends are getting my pings but I'm not getting their replies...anyone get this problem and figured out how to fix it? push is on and notifications are on. Thanks in advance

Thanks

well push fix stopped me from getting messages pushed on all apps, deleting didnt help neither did restore, im so angry now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast