Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apples new Terms And Conditions.

formerly known as nigel.m
    Thanks

Default Apples new Terms And Conditions.
    Hi All, as most of us have all done, i had to sign Apples new App Store terms and conditions in order to download a particular app. The download went fine but shortly afterwards a few updates appeared on my phone. One of those updates was for Skype which returned an error message reading "This App cannot be updated on a modified phone".

One question.

1/ Does this now mean Apple now know which phones have been jailbroken, or have they always known? Or was the error message generated by my iPhone.

nb: I'm not worried about the Skype upgrade but rather warranty issues with Apple.

Thanks

Same thing happened with me.

Apple knows all.. I agreed to the terms and haven't noticed any errors yet though.. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Apple can tell if you're phone jailbroken, yes. Was the error in question within the Skype app? I do believe they've had issues with jailbreaking before, but it was a warning when you opened the app not an error.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

formerly known as nigel.m
    Thanks

Yeh, the error/warning came through when I tried to update the skype app. So was the warning generated by the phone or did it come from apple?

Thanks

I got the same warning when I opened Skype, however, it still seems to work as normal.

Thanks

on a side note i just got a text from my ISP telling me to update to the newest firmware 3.1

Apple really is pushing this and its getting quite annoying. Android is looking better each day