Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Repost...

Default Repost...
    Hey Folks,

I can't get any info on this. ANYONE? Please?

Restricted Confirmation and Non Enough Memory

Hi folks...don't know what's wrong here, but I'm running 3.0 (now 3.0.1 with same problem) and when I go to update apps I get 1) (A paraphrase) "Notice, there may objectionable material. Please confirm to continue." then 2) "App update failed, not enough memory."

Thoughts? Ideas? Help?

Thanks!

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

and you get this right after you had restored the phone to 3.0.1 ? Or are you simply low on memory?

I have 9.0.1.8 (now) and did have to do a full restore. I thought it would clear in the new iTunes, but still getting the msg.

Wait, I think I get your question. Yes, I had a restore to 3.1
    Last edited by B727FA; 2009-09-24 at 03:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

everything else syched ok? including existing apps? is it when you updating the app itself then you would get the low memory message?

you have 3G or 3Gs?

Apps need 2x the amount of memory they normally use on the phone to install. If u have a 500mb app file, it needs about 1gb free to install.

Ok...that's interesting. I'm going to kill some of the music on there and see what I can do. Thanks! I'll post back if there is no improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by SundayDuffer View Post
    everything else syched ok? including existing apps? is it when you updating the app itself then you would get the low memory message?

you have 3G or 3Gs?
    I have a classic. And, it's only the apps that won't update. It syncs perfectly other that that.

Ok, update: I'm in iTunes and it won't even update THERE...let alone on the iPhone. I'm really stumped.
    Last edited by B727FA; 2009-09-24 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

U mean u get the same error in iTunes? Plz copy/paste it here(if possible) also, did freeing up space do anything? It should fix your problem. I think I got this same error trying to install myst, a 700mb app file I had 1gb of free space and had to temporarily delete all my videos.

I was able to update my apps by clicking on them one-by-one (finally). I could not do the whole group at once...weird, right? Oh well...thanks for the help! But, here's my next issue: buddy of mine gave me his old 1G (identical to mine)...can I simply swap sims and go?

The way your problem was fixed probably means that I was right about u not having enough free space. About the sim card, I don't know the answer, but try posting in a different part of modmyi(the correct section) and you'll be more likely to get a good answer.