Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Navigon 1.2.0 USA

Thanks

Default Navigon 1.2.0 USA
    I just updated from Navigon 1.1.0 to 1.2.0. WOW, TTS (annouce street names), better ipod intergration, nightmode has auto/day & and night, and zoom shows more detail. I'm very impressed!

I am wondering if anyone has noticed that Navigon v1.2.0 does not announce in advance that the destination is on the left or right until you are upon the destination or have driven past it?

0.3 mile - You are approaching your destination
    0.1 mile - You will reach your destination in 0.1 mile
    0.0 mile - Your destination 322 Main Street is on the right
    The last instruction is too late to inform you that the destination is on the left or right. By this time, I have driven past the address that I am looking for. I am assuming this must be a bug, but I am wondering if others are encountering this problem.

I am going to turn off "Speak street names" and see if this changes anything.

-- Update on Sep-16 --

When "Speak street names" is turned off, Navigon gives you advanced notification in 0.1 of a mile that your destination is on the left or right.

0.3 mile - You are approaching your destination
    0.1 mile - In 0.1 mile you have reached your destination. Your destination is on the the right.
    0.0 mile - Your have reached your destination. Your destination is on the right.
    Otherwise when "Speak street names" is turned on, it doesn't inform you whether your destination is on the left or the right until you have passed your destination. This also causes the last spoken instruction to be halted sometimes before it is finished because the route is erased.

Can anyone else confirm my findings?
    Last edited by reddawg; 2009-09-16 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Update
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

2. The Following User Says Thank You to reddawg For This Useful Post:

kilo2008 (2009-09-26)