Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apps not showing up in iTunes. Please advice

~5abi dil/mere pind vich Khalistan aur Jammu~
    Thanks

Lightbulb Apps not showing up in iTunes. Please advice
    I am trying to transfer my app store apps from my old iPhone to the new one. I'm stuck. ITunes will sync the phone but the apps don't show up. I tried transferring purchase, it shows them being copied, but doesn't show up in iTunes. I uninstalled iTunes, deleted the apps from the mobile applications folder on my pc, reinstalled iTunes, tried to resybc and retransfer purchases. Still same issue. I tried to copy the iTunes app folder from my old phone to pc then used scp to put in the same location on the new phone. They show up on the new phone but crash when I open them. I have alot of AppStore apps and I don't have time or patience to redownload all! If you can hive some constructive advice I will be very grateful and it will not go without a thanksback.

Nirmal

That really sucks. Maybe you don't have enough space on your computer to transfer them all. Also, does music and videos transfer off your iPhone fine?

Thanks

i have been having space issues...i dunno...photos transfer fine.....i havn put music or vids on this replacement phone yet.

Try moving you iTunes library to an external hard drive.
    Move your iTunes library to an external drive - CNET TV
    Last edited by ddonuts4; 2009-09-06 at 02:05 AM.

Thanks

hmmm well i have tried the tarnsfer purchases on two machines, one doesnt have the space issues. same result...it shows things trasnferring, even says which things are being transfered, then not a thing. i'm wondering about appbackup by scott wallace........does it just back up the saved prefs and stuff behind app store apps or does it work like apptbackup and let you backup app store files int he same way apptbackup does for cydia? that would rock if it did.

Make sure u have the latest version of iTunes. Also, see if u have the apps checked for syncing(if they even show up there- in the Apps tab in sync settings.)