Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can anyone tell me how can I show many apps in one page like this boy does?

Default Can anyone tell me how can I show many apps in one page like this boy does?
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeJkIY8cj8I&feature=related]YouTube - #13 App Review, Alive 4 Ever And Giveaway[/ame]

according to this video, there are 30 apps that shown on the main page of his ipod touch and i believe he can show more on it.

it seems cool, saving space and owners can browse as many as they can on the home page. Can anyone kindly tell me how to do that?

Thanks in advance.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have 30 on mine. I use 2 Cydia tools. 5 icon Springboard and 5 icon dock.

Basically you can have 5 icons across instead of 4. I don't know how you get more than this. However I use Categories so I have 1 icon that opens up a page with all my games. another for all my utilities etc... So I only have 1 page and the stupid search page.

Quote Originally Posted by Mophandleman View Post
    I have 30 on mine. I use 2 Cydia tools. 5 icon Springboard and 5 icon dock.

Basically you can have 5 icons across instead of 4. I don't know how you get more than this. However I use Categories so I have 1 icon that opens up a page with all my games. another for all my utilities etc... So I only have 1 page and the stupid search page.

Thank you, and thats what I try to do all the way (1 page for games, 1 for utilities and etc...)

and can we get like 6 icons etc?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XFRX View Post
    Thank you, and thats what I try to do all the way (1 page for games, 1 for utilities and etc...)

and can we get like 6 icons etc?
    I don't think so. I'm sure it can be done but at the moment there are only tools for 5 icons.
    With Categories You don't even need multiple pages. Yo can put an icon for say games on the homescreen, if you tap that it opens up a page with all your games. It's very handy.

Do you have your iPhone Jailbroken? The 5 icon thing is in Cydia so you will need to have a Jailbroken iPhone to use it.

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

there is a 5 icons dock,
    column and row
    there is also a 6 row but this requires u to have no labels under your icons
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mophandleman View Post
    I don't think so. I'm sure it can be done but at the moment there are only tools for 5 icons.
    With Categories You don't even need multiple pages. Yo can put an icon for say games on the homescreen, if you tap that it opens up a page with all your games. It's very handy.

Do you have your iPhone Jailbroken? The 5 icon thing is in Cydia so you will need to have a Jailbroken iPhone to use it.

hahaha, sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by seann33uk View Post
    there is a 5 icons dock,
    column and row
    there is also a 6 row but this requires u to have no labels under your icons
    no label? then i'll rather use the 5 icons one. thx
    Last edited by XFRX; 2009-09-06 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You can't have labels cuz they'd just overlap on each other and be meaningless. Even with 5 icons across they sometimes overlap and it's NOT attractive.

hey, i dunno if this helps.. its doesnt increase the number of apps on the page.. but, its an 8 icon dock, maybe it helps in fitting it all on one page? i dunno..
    www(dot)xsellize(dot)com/showthread.php?t=555966
    it also includes 6 and 7 icon dock btw..

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I can have 32 on one page here is a picture. I use supreme preferences and the 5 row and 5 springboard.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.jpg  
    If I have helped you please hit the Thanks button.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenwing View Post
    hey, i dunno if this helps.. its doesnt increase the number of apps on the page.. but, its an 8 icon dock, maybe it helps in fitting it all on one page? i dunno..
    www(dot)xsellize(dot)com/showthread.php?t=555966
    it also includes 6 and 7 icon dock btw..
    i see, so the maximun is 5 if i want lebels...

Quote Originally Posted by JJMA View Post
    I can have 32 on one page here is a picture. I use supreme preferences and the 5 row and 5 springboard.

yah, thats what i try to put it in.
    Last edited by XFRX; 2009-09-09 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Haha, dude, I think you quoted the wrong person