Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ZenTap: intelligent write assistant for iPhone

Lightbulb ZenTap: intelligent write assistant for iPhone
    Hi,

I'm ZenTap's developer.
    Sorry, I don't have more promocodes, if somebody want to make some type of review, send me ([email protected]) your device id and I'll make a build for you and I'll send the app by email.

Please take a look on the video to understand how ZenTap helps in writing process.
    If you have questions or suggestions post them here and I'll respond you.
    And now the presentation :-)
    ZenTap is an advanced time saving text editor for the iPhone.
    If you are writing a lot (emails, sms, blog entries, etc.) on your iphone, this app is for you.
    ZenTap provides an intelligent text prediction system, spell-checking, templates system, etc.
    With auto-completion support the user commits less typos and makes between 2-5 times less taps on the keyboard.
    Zentap also includes four customizable buttons that let you define shortcuts for special characters improving even more your typing experience.

Features:

- Auto-completion
    - Spell-checking
    - 4 customizable key buttons
    - A template system
    - Wide text area (with full screen text view).
    - Direct export of text to mail, sms and safari
    - Possibility to change font size

Here you can see video demo: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl7K7B9b6Qg"]video demo[/ame]
    Link to itunes: Download

Screenshots:

General view of ZenTap with toolbar

Spell checking view

Autocompletion view, while you are typing, you can see suggestions on the toolbar

Templates view

Last edited by aramast; 2010-02-13 at 03:51 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to aramast For This Useful Post:

tkhan12 (2009-09-03)

Smile Makes Typing on the iPhone Bearable
    This is a terrific application. From my very brief test I can see it will be very helpful. I hope the developer figures out how to invoke it within other applications, so the user doesn't have to cut and paste. Having said that, the integration with SMS and Mail is pretty good.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bneyman For This Useful Post:

tkhan12 (2009-09-03)

Great looking app. It looks like something apple would have put in an update. Hope go see progression.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Adplaya For This Useful Post:

tkhan12 (2009-09-03)

Hi all,

Thanks for you opinions,
    Make Zentap system wide is one of the most asked features.
    But sadly I can't implement it using the official Apple SDK.
    Actually I'm working in new version with new great features.
    If you have some suggestions, there will be welcome.
    Sorry for so late response.

Aram

8. The Following User Says Thank You to aramast For This Useful Post:

tkhan12 (2009-09-03)

Quote Originally Posted by aramast View Post
    Hi all,

Thanks for you opinions,
    Make Zentap system wide is one of the most asked features.
    But sadly I can't implement it using the official Apple SDK.
    Actually I'm working in new version with new great features.
    If you have some suggestions, there will be welcome.
    Sorry for so late response.

Aram
    System wide would be awesome. I'd love to use this with SMS. Program looks great so far. I'm looking forward to see what's next.
    "Thanks" button. Learn it. Use it. Love it.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iPhoneMadness For This Useful Post:

aramast (2009-09-03), tkhan12 (2009-09-03)

Post to correct forum. Moved.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

tkhan12 (2009-09-03)

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneMadness View Post
    System wide would be awesome. I'd love to use this with SMS. Program looks great so far. I'm looking forward to see what's next.
    Ok, I go to explain what you go to have with the next versions of ZenTap (if you'd like some other feature which isn't present please post it her and we will discuss it).

I've finished the version 2 of ZenTap about two weeks ago, now it's under review by Apple, I hope that it go to be available in 2-3 days.
    What's new in ZenTap v2:
    • Now you can export your text directly to twitter (this is the fastest way of tweeting on iPhone )
    • Added support for spanish (in word prediction, spell checker and interface)
    • Text translation: now you can translate your texts directly in ZenTap (I've used google translator)
    • The custom buttons are bigger and can contain more than one character (you can define smiles, short words, etc.). I don't know why I haven't make it for the first version (thanks for one of my users )
    • Fixed some typos on interface (thanks to my users)
    • Some bug fixes (basically on spell checker)

And actually I'm working on version 3 of ZenTap (I think that this version will make ZenTap even better, more than better :-)). I'm working on this new functions:
    • Text shortcuts. You will be able to create shortcuts for your most used phrases.
      How this works? <- Suggested by my users
      You will be able define some entires like this: brb = be right back, and during your message typing process if you write brb the program will detect that brb is a "text shortcut" and will replace it with full phrase. <- Suggested by my users
    • Auto-learning. The word suggestion system will learn new words. If you write some word which aren't in suggestion database, the system will add this word and it will be available for next time. <- Suggested by my users
    • You will be able to add words to the spell checker.
    • Named templates. <- Suggested by my users
    • Arrow buttons. It will make more comfortable and precise the cursor movement.

As you see the most of the new features are suggested by my users. So if you some suggestions for me I'll appreciate it :-).
    Thank you

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aramast For This Useful Post:

iPhoneMadness (2009-09-03), tkhan12 (2009-09-03)

Sounds awesome, can't wait to try it out!

Probably way off the direction you're going, but is it possible for you to make a T9 dialpad for texting? Only thing I really miss about texting on my old Nokia. Just wondering.

Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneMadness View Post
    Sounds awesome, can't wait to try it out!

Probably way off the direction you're going, but is it possible for you to make a T9 dialpad for texting? Only thing I really miss about texting on my old Nokia. Just wondering.
    Yes, it's possible.
    I haven't think about its implementation because I haven't find enough "pros".
    Why you'd like to have t9 keyboard?
    Can you give me please some example of keyboard usages where t9 type keyboard is better than iphone's keyboard? I'd like to discuss about this topic.
    The first pro may be that with t9 keyboard is more easy typing with one hand than with iphone keyboard... I'm not very sure about it.
    Maybe I can't find some pros because I haven't used a lot t9 like keyboards.
    Thanks for the idea.

I only saw the video demo and it looks like that this is a great app.
    I am willing to pay for it, if there is autocompletion and spell-checking for german texts.
    Is it possible to implement a dictionary for word-suggestion by my own?
    regards
    Last edited by Mister K.; 2009-09-06 at 12:32 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister K. For This Useful Post:

aramast (2009-09-06)

There are not autocompletion and spell-checking support for german (by now).
    And actually it isn't possible to implement word-suggestion database by your own.
    Actually I have constructed a database for german but I haven't implement it in ZenTap because I have some doubts.
    1. Create separated version of zentap for german or integrate the german and other languages in one unique executable?
    If I create separate versions the executable size will not exceed 2 Mb. If I put all languages (English, French, Spanish, German...) in one executable the executable size can be boost (more than 20 Mb), and download 20 Mb over 3G.... I don't know. As users, what you prefer?

2. In german (as in french, spanish, etc..) there are "special characters" (, , , , ...). And I have a question for the german (or spanish,french,..) users.
    Per example when you type "fu" what you will expect from word suggestion system?
    Must suggestion system to show words starting with "fu", "f", "f" or only it must show words which start with "fu"?

Mister K., if you want test a german version of ZenTap email me to [email protected] with your device id and when I get the german version I'll send it to you (this will take me about 20 days) for test.
    Thanks

You should look into selling your product on cydia... this product would be amazing in SMS.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

1. (...)if I create separate versions the executable size will not exceed 2 Mb.
    I think most of the user would prefer a seperate version.

2. (...)In german (as in french, spanish, etc..) there are "special characters" (, , , , ...). And I have a question for the german (or spanish,french,..) users.
    Per example when you type "fu" what you will expect from word suggestion system?
    Must suggestion system to show words starting with "fu", "f", "f" or only it must show words which start with "fu"?
    German language has letters called "Umlaute". These are ",,".
    The suggestions system should show all variations. E.g. for a word starting with "fo", the suggestions should be "fo..." and "f...".

And of course i have to second, using in SMS would be incredible.
    A short example: if i want to reply to a message, i can only use ZenTap with copy/paste.

Another thing i miss is to rotate the Screen.

regards

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K. View Post
    I think most of the user would prefer a seperate version.
    The unique problem I see in this option is that if some user want to have 2 languages they will be obligated to pay twice.

German language has letters called "Umlaute". These are ",,".
    The suggestions system should show all variations. E.g. for a word starting with "fo", the suggestions should be "fo..." and "f...".
    Yes, I think you are right, it is the best way for suggestions.

And of course i have to second, using in SMS would be incredible.
    A short example: if i want to reply to a message, i can only use ZenTap with copy/paste.
    This will be perfect, but impossible (oficially). I'm investigating Cydia.

Another thing i miss is to rotate the Screen.
    I haven't implemented rotation because of space. In portrait position there are no enough space for the toolbar and for suggestions (2-3 words).

Thank you very much

Yes, it's possible.
    I haven't think about its implementation because I haven't find enough "pros".
    Why you'd like to have t9 keyboard?
    Can you give me please some example of keyboard usages where t9 type keyboard is better than iphone's keyboard? I'd like to discuss about this topic.
    The first pro may be that with t9 keyboard is more easy typing with one hand than with iphone keyboard... I'm not very sure about it.
    Maybe I can't find some pros because I haven't used a lot t9 like keyboards.
    Thanks for the idea.
    That's pretty much the only pro you get out of T9 lol. It's a lot easier for extensive SMS users like myself.

I just found this link today: Multi tap keyboard brings T9 to the iPhone / iPod Touch | iPhone Help !

Looks like my prayers have already been answered, but from the description, it doesn't give the "dictionary" word suggestions like your application does, so it really isn't complete.

I will try it out when I get home.

Even if the above link gives use to T9 like I wanted, I'd most definitely still use your program.

Are there any news about this project?

I've added support to german and french languages (I'll send you the beta version by email during the next week). And other new features will be available during this two next weeks.

Dear Zen developer. I like your application but I have not bought it and I don't use it much; mainly because it's not integrated into the iPhone keyboard. I urge u to integrate Zen into the iPhone keyboard so I could use it for all applications on the fly without having to leave the application, such as when I am using facebook for example. Thank you

Hi,

I know and understand that it would be more useful integrated system wide but sadly it's impossible because of Apple's restrictions.
    Thanks

Aram

Default zentap
    I love this app. I wish there was a way I could use it instead of the native keyboard!