Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TomTom App is out! $99

Default TomTom App is out! $99
    The TomTom app is in the iTunes store for $99!

iTunes Store

Can you let me know if it has text to speech or lane assistance. I'm just curious how map updates will work also like fee wise.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well????? Updates!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Downloaded and installed on my 3GS and it crashes to springboard when I try to start it. How do i get my money back on this one?!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Run in safe mode to see if it will run then. If it does you can use sbsettings to isolate the conflicting app.

Thanks

What are the internet costs for this? is it like Sygic maps (or whatever its called) where the maps are installed on the phone, so it doesn't cost you much data?

Is is better than Navigon?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I uninstalled it, then reinstalled but it still crashes to springboard. I then tried to run it in safe mode as suggested and the app still crashes to springboard. I am going to contact TomTom to see if I can get a return on my money. $99 is way to much to write off

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ wow that sucks. I was just about to buy it but I think I will wait for others to confirm it works.

yeah, 99 is WAY too much to purchase something this new without any reviews.

I'm looking for something like this for my GF cause i just got her an iphone so she had to drop verizon nav thing.

So far navigon looks the best

Green Apple
    Thanks

Navigon works great on my 3GS...maybe it is conflicting with TomTom?? I will remove Navigon and try TomTom again to see what happens.

Thanks

Woks aok for me,, 4 second load time on 3GS.

Quicker to load and use than Sygic, and no annoying "I agree" screen everytime you start

Slight clagginess and lag in some of the menus.

Now see if I can get Homers voice on there!!
    iPhone 4 | iMac 24" | MacBook Pro 15" | ATV | iPod Classic | Time Capsule | iPad 16 Gb |

Green Apple
    Thanks

Is your phone JB? Maybe mine isn't working because I'm using redsnow.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickh
    Woks aok for me,, 4 second load time on 3GS.

Quicker to load and use than Sygic, and no annoying "I agree" screen everytime you start

Slight clagginess and lag in some of the menus.

Now see if I can get Homers voice on there!!
    How did you jailbreak your iPhone 3GS, purp1erain or redsn0w? I'm thinking about getting an iPhone 3GS.

Is your phone JB? Maybe mine isn't working because I'm using redsnow.
    Did you update / restore your firmware to 3.01? Redsn0w can not jailbreak 3.01, as you probably already know you have to use the 3.0 firmware IPSW to jailbreak with redsn0w 0.8. I wondering if this is causing problems.

If you did update to firmware 3.01, try restoring the stock 3.0 firmware and re-jailbreak.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by reddawg View Post
    Did you update / restore your firmware to 3.01? Redsn0w can not jailbreak 3.01, as you probably already know you have to use the 3.0 firmware IPSW to jailbreak with redsn0w 0.8. I wondering if this is causing problems.

If you did update to firmware 3.01, try restoring the stock 3.0 firmware and re-jailbreak.
    RedSn0w does JB 3.01 - you just have to use 3.0 ipsw to do it.
    restoring to 3.0 will make no difference whatsoever.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

No issues with TomTom app on my 3GS. Works like a charm for me. If I wasn't a long time TomTom user, I would probably not have purchased yet in hopes that they lower the price...but I did, and I am enjoying it!
    kwickone I.T.H.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    How true...yes I am running on 3.0.1 but did the JB with Devteam guidance. Every other app works great except TomTom.

I removed Navigon and reinstalled TomTom to see if it is something in Navigon that may be causing TomTom to crash on me. No luck....TomTom still crashes when I try to open it. Guess I'm screwed. Back to Navigon it is for me
    Last edited by ACSS; 2009-08-18 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious
    We were actually on the same page, I should have stated clearer that after restoring firmware 3.01 in iTunes you have to use firmware 3.0 IPSW file to jailbreak using redsn0w. I must have been tired when I type that reply, oops!

My main point was since ACSS already tried safe mode which ruled out mobile substrate app conflicts (iBlacklist, Winterboard, SBSettings, etc) that his problem with TomTom might be due to running firmware 3.01 OS with a kernel jailbroken by a 3.0. ACSS you might want to try restoring a plain 3.0 firmware and jailbreaking it and see if TomTom runs properly. Food for thought.
    Last edited by reddawg; 2009-08-18 at 10:31 AM.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

yesterday I did a test using tom tom to get to my destination and it was horrendous! it keep losing its place it kept lagging like crazy and most of the time i felt like i was going to miss the exit until last second it told me where to go...was very disappointing..I used navigon on my trip back home and it worked flawlessly with little to no lag or the cursor losing place on the map.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast