Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TomTom App is out! $99

*Reddawg* uhhhh what? that would not cause any issue like this. the only thing i can think of is either resources, or permissions. but permissions shouldnt be an issue as long as you legitly downloaded and installed it. also i would suggest making sure you donwload on your computer, not on your phone.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cricketlang
    *Reddawg* uhhhh what? that would not cause any issue like this. the only thing i can think of is either resources, or permissions. but permissions shouldnt be an issue as long as you legitly downloaded and installed it. also i would suggest making sure you donwload on your computer, not on your phone.
    None of ACSS posts suggested he non-legitely installed TomTom as WAREZ.
    How do i get my money back on this one?!
    I wouldn't even answer a post that was about WAREZ.

ACSS stated earlier that he booted into safe mode and still had the same problem. That ruled out a mobile substrate app conflict.

Since other users are able to run the TomTom app on jailbroken iPhone 3G & 3GS, the only difference was that ACSS was running firmware 3.01 on a 3GS. Jailbreaking firmware 3.1, requires 1st restoring firmware 3.01 in iTunes, and then jailbreaking using the 3.0 firmware. While this seems to work fine, many people have decided not to update to the 3.01 firmware (SMS security fix) until the Dev Team updates redsn0w.exe to handle the 3.01 firmware IPSW file. There are threads on this subject.

It is still not a bad idea to restore 3.0 and rejailbreak. If it doesn't work, it eliminates a jailbroken 3.01 firmware as a factor in ACSS' TomTom problem.
    Last edited by reddawg; 2009-08-22 at 10:25 AM.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

tomtom works fine for me on 3.0.1 3gs

^^^of course it does. dev-team told us to point to the 3.0 ipsw for jailbreak. there is no need to update it. works just fine. we know the app is coded to work with 3.x so thats not the issue. we know that apps will crash if they dont have appropriate resources to run. and we know that incorrect permissions will also cause the app to crash. i would also suggest that with the size of the app you download it and install it through itunes. that would be the only other reason the app may crash would be if there was an issue during the download somehow.

its not like magically tomtom is the only app that crashes.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by reddawg View Post

Since other users are able to run the TomTom app on jailbroken iPhone 3G & 3GS, the only difference was that ACSS was running firmware 3.01 on a 3GS. Jailbreaking firmware 3.1, requires 1st restoring firmware 3.01 in iTunes, and then jailbreaking using the 3.0 firmware. While this seems to work fine, many people have decided not to update to the 3.01 firmware (SMS security fix) until the Dev Team updates redsn0w.exe to handle the 3.01 firmware IPSW file. There are threads on this subject.

It is still not a bad idea to restore 3.0 and rejailbreak. If it doesn't work, it eliminates a jailbroken 3.01 firmware as a factor in ACSS' TomTom problem.
    Where are the threads about not updating to 3.01? The Dev Team will not release an updated RedSn0w as there is no need. It is perfectly OK to update to 3.01 and use the 3.0 ipsw to JB.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12