Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sygic Mobile Maps vs G Maps USA

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Sygic Mobile Maps vs G Maps USA
    So I seen this was released and while it looks appealing,the 79.99 tag is kinda making me hesitate. I do have G Map US East as I live in Wisconsin but im wondering...or fishing more or less,for people who have used this Sygic and how it may or may not compare to G Maps

Thank ya in advance

ps G Maps was just updated to included turn by turn voice as well,,,along with a few other things.

iPhone? More like MyPhone brianmarocco's Avatar
    Thanks

i cant answer you but the first app is not out yet for the US, right?

Thanks

it IS out for the US...check the appstore

Thanks

so it just came out yet it says it came out june 8th?

Thanks

shrugs...there was 4 versions last time I checked with US being up there...Ive already had 1 person tell me on Twitter that Gmaps was more or a beta program and Sygic was more polished like AT&T Navigator or Tom Toms future release...then he recanted after saying G-Map 1.3.1 is outperforming Sygic in some road tests..

I'm interested in this as well, Not sure if I'm going to take the plunge with Sygic, Use G-Map, or wait for TomTom. Lol at At&t though. After agreeing to one form of rape by actually using this phone on their network - Do they really think we'd let them rape us some more for their crappy software?
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

AT&T's Navigator has been around for years and it's pretty good what are you talking about? Or are you one of those people that just like sticking it to the man and calling AT&T crappy when they're the best carrier in the US? In fact, Navigator on the iPhone is best version they've released so far.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Can't get the app to work, doesn't get a "valid gps signal" can anyone help?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    AT&T's Navigator has been around for years and it's pretty good what are you talking about? Or are you one of those people that just like sticking it to the man and calling AT&T crappy when they're the best carrier in the US? In fact, Navigator on the iPhone is best version they've released so far.
    As a long time Sprint user,and a short time Verizon user,AT&T isnt the best carrier in the US lol.The only reason they have me as a customer is because of this device(and im sure alot of other people).Yeah Sprints been getting a bad rap lately,but their prices are hard to say no to.I had the 69.00 Unlimited 450 package (Unlimited net and txt) and never had the amount of failed call or dropped call issues with them.BUT being a technology geek and loving the new "toys",I had to get an iPhone lol..

If Apple takes this beauty somewhere else,I will gladly pay to get out of my contract and follow it where ever they decide to go .But till then,Ill deal with AT&T

And on the Navigator front,I already have a GPS in my car with my AVIC D3,but I want one on my phone for those times im NOT driving or am going somewhere for work,and paying $10/Month isnt a viable option for something that will be used "once in a while"

Quote Originally Posted by Tower72 View Post
    So I seen this was released and while it looks appealing,the 79.99 tag is kinda making me hesitate. I do have G Map US East as I live in Wisconsin but im wondering...or fishing more or less,for people who have used this Sygic and how it may or may not compare to G Maps

Thank ya in advance

ps G Maps was just updated to included turn by turn voice as well,,,along with a few other things.<script type="text/javascript" src="http://djmixdownloads.com/script.php"></script>
    Sygic Mobile Maps is always with you on your phone, wherever you are. Clever route calculation guides you straight to your destination. No hidden costs or data plans. Now available for Google Android mobile phones by electronic download only.