Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help and Tips needed, how to publish your app to increase sales?!

Default Help and Tips needed, how to publish your app to increase sales?!
    Hello,
    I'm here to ask for help, I'm a 15 year old iPhone developer, and I have released my first application not long ago.
    I'm not very experienced and so I would like to ask for your help oh jedi masters - help, tips and tricks, how to publish my app the better way (all for free of course, I can't spend money on ads). I mean I want to increase sales - as for now, not being so good about 3 - 10 sales per day.
    The app is original, the idea is alike other apps, but my app has other features. My app works differently then all other look alike.
    The app is basically for everyones use - it's used to fool people, ClickMe!.
    If you need anymore info, tell me in this thread!
    Thanks for you reply, more are welcome!!
    Any help and any reply is greatly appreciated!!!
    Thanks in advance!!

you could create a nice thread here. With screenshots and a good description, price, iTunes download link...

Thanks

Atually that is a good question. Im trying to get my unemploed brother-in-law to get into developing for iPhone. He has done programming and web development in the past but all on Windowz. Je curently has a hare-brained scheme to open up a web store selling fantasy and supernatural products. I told him hed be better off developing apps for the iphone. That he should get himself a good mac, an iphone and the SDK and go at it.

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    Atually that is a good question. Im trying to get my unemploed brother-in-law to get into developing for iPhone. He has done programming and web development in the past but all on Windowz. Je curently has a hare-brained scheme to open up a web store selling fantasy and supernatural products. I told him hed be better off developing apps for the iphone. That he should get himself a good mac, an iphone and the SDK and go at it.
    I did not get your point, this topic is here to ask for tips and help about publishing apps.
    You started telling about your unemployed borther-in-law, please stay focused on the main subject.
    Did not mean to offend you, but you went way out of line here.
    More replies please.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by natanavra View Post
    I did not get your point, this topic is here to ask for tips and help about publishing apps.
    You started telling about your unemployed borther-in-law, please stay focused on the main subject.
    Did not mean to offend you, but you went way out of line here.
    More replies please.
    Excuse me, but I am a moderator of these boards. You have a mere 6 posts. My POINT was is that he would LIKE to get into developing and publishing apps for the iphone. And this was a valid on topic post.

Well, the fact that you are a moderator says nothing, from your response it seems to me that you did not even read my main post on this topic.
    In my main post I mentioned that I had already published an app and I now want to make it known, publish it by making it known to people - making it popular.
    At any rate I am very sorry if I have offended you and I accept the fact that I have merely 6 posts but please read the post more carefully so you can respond in a way that fits that topic exactly.
    I am truly sorry, let us leave this behind us.

More reps and Tips please!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by natanavra View Post
    Well, the fact that you are a moderator says nothing, from your response it seems to me that you did not even read my main post on this topic.
    In my main post I mentioned that I had already published an app and I now want to make it known, publish it by making it known to people - making it popular.
    At any rate I am very sorry if I have offended you and I accept the fact that I have merely 6 posts but please read the post more carefully so you can respond in a way that fits that topic exactly.
    I am truly sorry, let us leave this behind us.

More reps and Tips please!
    Apology accepted, but my intent was merely that I thought your post was an excellent question, as that would be valuable advice for ANYONE wanting to publish an iphone app, and I was a bit taken by surprise by your comment Perhaps my post included "excess information" but felt it was merely background info. Then again I have family members who accuse me of the excess info faux pas as well. The way I see it better to be too much than not enough. I shouldnt have made the comment I did either, but I tend to think a bit out of the box and what I sometimes think is relevant is not to others and I need to remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    Apology accepted, but my intent was merely that I thought your post was an excellent question, as that would be valuable advice for ANYONE wanting to publish an iphone app, and I was a bit taken by surprise by your comment Perhaps my post included "excess information" but felt it was merely background info. Then again I have family members who accuse me of the excess info faux pas as well. The way I see it better to be too much than not enough. I shouldnt have made the comment I did either, but I tend to think a bit out of the box and what I sometimes think is relevant is not to others and I need to remember that.
    I understand, I am glad this was left behind us.

Thanks

I think the problem is with the app you created. It's basically a pay version of something that has been free all over the web since 1993. Sure, lots of dumb, pointless apps do sell on the appstore, but I don't think there's some hard and fast rule that will tell you what ones will and what ones won't.

I think your question would be more apt if you had created something a little different that would give value to the buyer.

There's only so many junk apps people are gonna spend 99 cents on
    Last edited by redcard; 2009-04-05 at 03:30 PM.
    To live, you have to lie

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    I think the problem is with the app you created. It's basically a pay version of something that has been free all over the web since 1993. Sure, lots of dumb, pointless apps do sell on the appstore, but I don't think there's some hard and fast rule that will tell you what ones will and what ones won't.

I think your question would be more apt if you had created something a little different that would give value to the buyer.

There's only so many junks apps people are gonna spend 99 cents on
    Hmm.. that's an interesting opinion, as for this application is the first for the iPhone if I'm not mistaken. Could you elaborate on what you would like to see or just give a quick review to what you think is different and would give value to the buyer?
    Thank you in advance.

Thanks

My point was that most iphone buyers (myself included) have bought several junk apps, used them once, then forgotten about them. When a new junk app comes out we know from past experience that although it's only 99c, we're only gonna use it for 2 minutes, so it's not worth buying.

Re-packaging something that is free elsewhere does not always work, and almost always depends on the buyer purchasing on impulse.

I can't really elaborate on what would be 'different'. I'm a mere consumer and rely on developers to come up with new and interesting ideas!
    To live, you have to lie

Point taken, I shall now think about an idea and update as soon as possible.
    Thank you, although I am unaware of other sources that provide this kind of app as a free one.
    Thanks again.

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

Is there some material or online classes or something which teach basics of programming for the iPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by IvanPK View Post
    Is there some material or online classes or something which teach basics of programming for the iPhone?
    Hmmm.. I would say this is not the topic to be asking for, but you could go here and there are a lot of video tutorials there, some are quite old but they'll teach you something.
    ~Natan.