Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possible reason for Slingplayer release delay

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Possible reason for Slingplayer release delay
    I found this site from another link I was following. Now I know Apple has contractual obligations it need to fulfill with AT&T but I wonder if this has anything to do with the slow release of Slingplayer

AT&T Changes TOS to Limit Mobile Video

As the Public Knowledge Policy Blog points out, the AT&T Wireless terms of service now explicitly prohibit “downloading movies using P2P file sharing services, customer initiated redirection of television or other video or audio signals via any technology from a fixed location to a mobile device, web broadcasting, and/or for the operation of servers, telemetry devices and/or Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition devices.”

And yes I plan on buying the software.Sorry I wasnt an early adopter to the legacy slingbox hardware as I have the Solo (which I have had for quite some time) and ive been waiting for an IPhone release for over 4 months now since I sold my HTC Touch Pro.

And while I do think that this move by Sling to force people to update their boxes,considering they sprung it on people AFTER the submission coupled with the fact that in beta it worked fine on all models,was a total b***h move,it wont prevent me from buying. Guess im on the mindset that hardware/software does get phased out.If they want to drop support for the older models so be it.They may lose customers in the long run,but how long do the early adopters expect the company to support "older" models with the rate technology is evolving?

UPDATE

AT&T retracts new terms of service, apologizes
    by Nilay Patel, posted Apr 3rd 2009 at 7:08PM

Looks like the uproar over AT&T's recently-tweaked wireless terms of service banning video streaming and p2p activity caused some hasty rethinking in Dallas -- the company just sent us this statement:

The language added on March 30 to AT&T's wireless data service Terms and Conditions was done in error. It was brought to our attention and we have since removed it. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

AT&T retracts new terms of service, apologizes
    Last edited by Tower72; 2009-04-04 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

thank God