Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Real Live TV

Default Real Live TV
    Just thought i would throw this out their, but with the ncaa tournamnet going on CBS rolled out a new app that streams each game live as it happens.

How come more TV stations aren't doing this. It seems we could have an app for each cable channel.

Also would it be possible for a third party to take this direction and create these kind of apps without the help from the actually companies (i.e CBS, NBC, comedy central)

Help needed: under native app discussion i posted a question about the march madness app. If your interested please take the time to read it and help me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to phatcamaro For This Useful Post:

jwilcox09 (2009-03-20)

That would be soooooo nice.lol I wonder how it works? Does CBS get paid off of their app? and if so how much?

Thanks

A Hulu app would be awesome.

Default television
    the app television is out on the app store...it has channels like nbc, comedy central, news , approx 12 in total i think..unfortunately u need to be actively connected to wi fi and its not actually live streaming tv.....each is only 3 mins long..some sort of pod casts i think....but i was bear grylls on discovery channel which was quite sweet

Thanks

The NCAA one from CBS is alright, but even on good WiFi it can be a bit choppy. Nice UI as one would expect though and good features...

This is probably the problem with streaming TV as you would have to be on WiFi and it wouldn't be as high of quality as many would like.
    Respect your elders.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Orb was nice until the media center update changed the recording format from ms-dvr to .wtv with DRM. Orb is no longer to stream my recorded tv any more though. Live tv should be ok though. Check out orb and get a windows pc with a tuner card. (mac version in the works)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

It works pretty good