Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Full screen Web browser on AppStore

Default Full screen Web browser on AppStore
    Has anyone heard of this app or even tried it? Just found this by accident and I don't think it has been discussed here on the forums. Thought I would just share the link here and see what you guys make of it. Actually I am surprised its on the AppStore.

Full Screen Web Browser - SOPODS.com - Killer iPhone Applications.

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by saifeeab View Post
    Has anyone heard of this app or even tried it? Just found this by accident and I don't think it has been discussed here on the forums. Thought I would just share the link here and see what you guys make of it. Actually I am surprised its on the AppStore.

Full Screen Web Browser - SOPODS.com - Killer iPhone Applications.
    Yes I seen this app in the appstore.... when I seen it I did not buy it because I did not want to waste space on my phone for an app that I already have.... why have two browsers.... and also they are rating it three stars at this time... and there are some saying it crashes all the time etc... I always, always read the ratings before I purchase especially if I am not sure if I want the app or not....

Hope this helps!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Looks gd

i used full browser

idk if that is the one they are refering to there

but it worked great you just shake it to get a nav bar

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    i used full browser

idk if that is the one they are refering to there

but it worked great you just shake it to get a nav bar
    So are you going to continue to use this one instead of Safari on the phone? If so why, if not why?

Im not interested in shaking.This is not a game.I think it needs further development.No javascript support&running slow.

well dejawoo pretty much said it

its not the best yet... but i did like it alot

i also used incognito.... good for certain browsing needs i suppose

neither replace safari yet.... but if firefox came out or opera i would strongly consider switching

thanx guys for the info. so i dont think its worth adding this app. but what i dont understand is how did apple allow another browser in direct competition to safari? i thought all the stock apps were off limits in the SDK rules.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I don;t see how they calim 40% and 20% more viewable area in landscape and portrait (respectively). Would that not imply that 40% of your screen is taken up by something other than the web-page in normal safari? That seems... false to me. Maybe with the keyboard up, but I hardly thing that should count.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

i'm kinda not sold on it yet. Maybe they should do an update or something.

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I don;t see how they calim 40% and 20% more viewable area in landscape and portrait (respectively). Would that not imply that 40% of your screen is taken up by something other than the web-page in normal safari? That seems... false to me. Maybe with the keyboard up, but I hardly thing that should count.
    exactly. lame claims.

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    kinda agree on that. 40% just seems a lot...but maybe they r claiming this by including the status bar + the web page title + the address bar/search + navigation icons at the bottom. i think that could add up to 30-35%.