Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: app to use iPhone as remote viewfinder for digital camera

Default app to use iPhone as remote viewfinder for digital camera
    Does anyone know anything about this app: Remote NewView from New View Technologies LLC :: Control your camera from your mobile device :: iPhone, Blackberry, Nokia, Belkin

It looks pretty sweet, but I can't find out any info about it. Will this be in the appstore or on cydia?

Remote NewView lets you control your digital camera from any wireless device with patent pending technology. If you've ever struggled to hold your camera above a crowd and see the screen, Remote NewView will mirror the screen onto your phone or other wireless device putting the view and shutter where you can reach it.

Hold the camera high or leave it on a tripod. Instead of staring at the back of your camera's small viewfinder or LCD screen, use your crisp iPhone screen, zoom in and out, then take the picture, all without touching a camera control.

that looks cool!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

would this hold true as a wireless remote for us digital slr guys

Quote Originally Posted by Spamdumpster View Post

It looks pretty sweet, but I can't find out any info about it. Will this be in the appstore or on cydia?
    It does say
    Anticipated availability: 2009
    Have you emailed them?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    It does say

Have you emailed them?
    I have nothing back yet

Quote Originally Posted by imbuggin View Post
    I have nothing back yet
    That's not good - any company that can't reply to emails tends to either be called MicroSoft or just not care about their (potential) users....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I emailed them a while ago (maybe 6 months) and got a response. They said that it works through wi-fi, with a wi-fi enabled SDcard to get the camera "online." Maybe I'll email them again.