Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Palringo or BeeJive

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default Palringo or BeeJive
    Ok, I'm still so confused. I still see people saying BeeJive is the best IM app on the iPhone, but every feature they mention about it is included in Palringo. Sending text, audio, and pics, staying logged in when you close the app (only 3 hours on Palringo, 24 on BeeJive), IMs to email, etc.

So let's be realistic. Is $16 for direct file sending and staying logged in a little longer really worth it for BeeJive? Or are there some other features that I don't know about that Palringo doesn't have? =/
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

I like the GUI of Beejive a little better.

Does Palringo have landscape mode?? Havent used it, assuming it does...as Beejive does.

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

I bought Beejive myself and love it...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Ok. Beejive hands down!! I love it and I've used palringo since I had windows mobile.

On Palringo you can send someone a voice message if they have a Palringo account. It won't work to send someone on AIM, Yahoo, etc a voice message.

I liked Palringo for the Groups feature but it's annoying when your phone buzzes every couple of seconds because of the group chat.

Beejive > Palringo
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

Thanks

I prefer Palringo, its easier to use I think .....

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Had Palringo all of one day. Switched to BeeJive. Never regretted the switch. In addition to the user featuers of BeeJive, it's also customizable through WinterBoard.

If you can afford it, Beejive is worth every penny. If you can't, Palringo is the best free alternative.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Its the best aim app for the iphone now.I hope apple gets that background push its only going to get better.

BeeJive is pretty pricey, but IMO, is definitely worth it...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ajl917 For This Useful Post:

EGutierrez91 (2009-02-08)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I had Palringo and too the dive for BeeJive. I gotta say it's much sexier and easier to use. I love it.

Thanks

cpjr, I don't think it does. I wouldn't know, because I rarely use my iPhone in landscape mode. I prefer to text in portrait mode since the keys are closer together and I have relatively small hands.

gQ, I use Palringo mainly just for Yahoo! and I know it works. I've sent pics and audio to several people using it before. Have you tried Palringo recently?

dkaye, Being customizable through WinterBoard is pretty cool, but is that worth $16?

To everyone else, I didn't want to know which you thought was better. I wanted to know WHY you think BeeJive is so much better than Palringo. So far, all I see getting out of BeeJive is landscape messaging (most useful thing so far, but I wouldn't use it), customizable through WinterBoard (cool, but not needed), and direct file transfer (what files would you be transferring? I don't need this). If that's it, basically you're spending $16 on those 3 features when you could get everything else for free.

And for everyone else who wants to comment on both, make sure you've tried Palringo out recently before you say Palringo doesn't have certain features when it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    If you can afford it, Beejive is worth every penny. If you can't, Palringo is the best free alternative.
    well said.

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    If that's it, basically you're spending $16 on those 3 features when you could get everything else for free.
    It's not just those 3 features. The form and UI decisions plus customizations (both through settings and winterboard) make Beejive just so much more pleasant to use. Again, Palringo is great free option, but Beejive knows its charging $16 and make sure to give you your money's worth.

There's a reason it's managed to stay in the top 5-10 Social Networking apps (PS: Palringo isn't even in the top 10 FREE apps) at $16 (way more than anything else in this category). It's just that good.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I haven't tried Palringo recently so I can't say if it's gotten better from when I had it. I personally pay for the looks. I like the UI of Beejive. I use the picture transfer alot if I'm talking to my cousins located in different coutries.

Palringo is really good as well. I don't know why it's not in the Top 10, maybe because many people don't know about it.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

Thanks

Some might think that Beejive is expensive but is worth twice the current price

Thanks

Noodle Boy, I assume you mean Palringo isn't in the top 10 SOCIAL NETWORKING free apps.

IMO, that doesn't matter at all. You can't compare Palringo to all the other Social Networking apps in the App Store because most of them aren't IM apps, which is all Palringo is.

And even then, THAT doesn't matter. Just because other apps are downloaded more doesn't mean they are better than apps downloaded less.

Look, all I wanted was for people to compare Palringo and BeeJive's features, not how there are other apps more popular than Palringo or how you like BeeJive more. All I've gotten out of this thread so far is what I mentioned in my last post. If you think customizing BeeJive's appearance and using a landscape keyboard is worth $16, then that's your business. But other than that, Palringo pretty much has all the other features BeeJive has.

gQ, that's all I was trying to figure out. As far as the features go, Palringo is almost identical to BeeJive. BeeJive is a little better in the appearance category, though.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Depends on how much messaging you are planing on doing. I myself do very little (used to love gtalk on the blackberry) but the no background feature doesn;t make me happy. Using backgrounder locks me out of calls if I am currently on edge. If you are connected to wifi and you put your phone to sleep it still disconnects when your phone goes to sleep mode.

Long story short, if you dont mind paying for pretty stuff, go with beejive. If you are not on it all the time, take the free option and go with palringo. After all, you are messaging friends. Who cares how cool their IM icon is.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    cpjr, I don't think it does. I wouldn't know, because I rarely use my iPhone in landscape mode. I prefer to text in portrait mode since the keys are closer together and I have relatively small hands.

gQ, I use Palringo mainly just for Yahoo! and I know it works. I've sent pics and audio to several people using it before. Have you tried Palringo recently?

dkaye, Being customizable through WinterBoard is pretty cool, but is that worth $16?

To everyone else, I didn't want to know which you thought was better. I wanted to know WHY you think BeeJive is so much better than Palringo. So far, all I see getting out of BeeJive is landscape messaging (most useful thing so far, but I wouldn't use it), customizable through WinterBoard (cool, but not needed), and direct file transfer (what files would you be transferring? I don't need this). If that's it, basically you're spending $16 on those 3 features when you could get everything else for free.

And for everyone else who wants to comment on both, make sure you've tried Palringo out recently before you say Palringo doesn't have certain features when it does.
    Most think Beejive is better..... myself if the app doesn't have good graphics forget it as I stated Beejive is the best and worth the $16... if your confused at what to do.... do this..... go look at each app in the app store... then I look at its rating.... Beejive is rated 4 1/2 stars and 1156 people have bought it so far....

Next look at Palringo rating... right now its 2 1/2 stars and 1007 people have downloaded it. The ratings doesn't say much about Palringo....

Ratings is there for a reason.... the ratings show you that people were willing to pay the $16 for Beejive because they felt it was better and the ratings show it.....

Also go through and read a lot of the ratings and you will see why people bought one over the other for each app.... as for the ratings on each app it is a no brainer Beejive is the best...

Beejive for sure, I used Palringo for maybe a couple of minutes, deleted it and made the $12 jump to Beejive (it was on special, lol).

Haven't regretted my decision one bit.