Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't Update apps from app store, or itunes?

My iPhone is a Part of Me zsuns's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Can't Update apps from app store, or itunes?
    So I now have 9 applications that need to be updated, and when I try to update one, it says "Loading", and it loads, then says "Installing", as normal, but once the status bar reaches it's end, a Pop-Up message says "Unable to Download Application: (application name) will be available for download when you log in to the iTunes store on your computer."

Now the weird thing is, I already am logged in on my iPhone and in iTunes.

Also, when i click "Check for available downloads", It downloads the app, then when i sync my iPhone, iTunes says Error: Unable to upload application onto iphone.

Please help me, ive had tis problem for a while now.
    A Thanks is always nice =]

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

Did you try going to store-deauthorize computer and then store authorize computer and then try updating them?

I go to the applications on the left hand side of the screen... then click on check for updates... and then if there is any in there click to buy app or whatever it says in there and download them...

Once they are downloaded then sync your phone and they should be upgraded..

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    Did you try going to store-deauthorize computer and then store authorize computer and then try updating them?

I go to the applications on the left hand side of the screen... then click on check for updates... and then if there is any in there click to buy app or whatever it says in there and download them...

Once they are downloaded then sync your phone and they should be upgraded..
    i have the same problem as the op and i tired that but still getting an error message when syncing the apps...any other solutions?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If u figure your problem out please let me know. I'm having the same problem. I heard to try and update the uikit which I did with no success. But it may help u though.

Thanks

Will reinstalling iTunes solve this problem when you sync apps from iTunes?
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I've seen and had this issue before. There are 2 possibilities: first being you installed cracked app(s) and it failed or didn't work right and now is causing failure to other apps that are legitimately bought or downloaded from the app store as well as any other cracked app; second being that a legitimate app from the app store has failed to download and refuses to finish downloading causing other apps thereafter not to be able to be downloaded.

Either way, we don't condone piracy but no fingers pointing here; a legitimate stuck app store app may cause this.

My only solution after exhausting all options of reinstalling iTunes, trying another computer, authorizing/deauthorizing accounts, trying new accounts, nothing will work except a restore.

After the restore, if you're trying to use cracked apps don't do it again to prevent the issue from reoccurring. If you were downloading a legitimate app store app, a suggest making sure the download can complete without interruption (such as downloading on wifi or downloading where you have consistent good signal).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

try goin to var/mobile/application folder and changing the owner to mobile instead of root it worked for me!

I had this issue once as well. All I had to do was a hard reset (hold down the home and sleep button together until the grey apple logo appears), and it all worked again.

Quote Originally Posted by stanggoodrnvette View Post
    try goin to var/mobile/application folder and changing the owner to mobile instead of root it worked for me!
    Thanks mate, it works for me too 1 week with this issue, just a change of the owner and I'm able to download and upgrade apps again with iTunes and App Store both !

Hi! I have an iphone 3g IOS 4.2 and I am very close to finally managing to install whatsapp. However the last remaining problem is the same Pop-Up message "Unable to Download Application: (application name) will be available for download when you log in to the iTunes store on your computer."

For some reason, the var/mobile/application folder is empty on my iphone so I can't change the owner from root to mobile. Any alternative advice please?