Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple fixed my app crashing/no media issue

Default Apple fixed my app crashing/no media issue
    today I received two emails from Apple informing me the issue I had reported about my iPhone 3G's apps all crashing had been fixed. I was asked to deauthorize then reauthorise my machine in iTunes and sync. Everything works again after several test synchs and app downloads.

If you're having the issue, report it and they will fix it... And might give you some credit too!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Roamerick For This Useful Post:

bruseth (2008-08-23), chachlate (2009-04-23), kcrmson (2008-08-23), Ryannoga (2008-12-11)

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roamerick View Post
    today I received two emails from Apple informing me the issue I had reported about my iPhone 3G's apps all crashing had been fixed. I was asked to deauthorize then reauthorise my machine in iTunes and sync. Everything works again after several test synchs and app downloads.

If you're having the issue, report it and they will fix it... And might give you some credit too!
    Since I got my second 3G here my apps keep crashing... I have been reading all over the forums looking for a solution as I am getting tired of restoring and installing and waiting etc... etc...

What email address do you use when you emailed apple?

Just use the "report issue" link next to any app purchase entry in your iTunes purchase history

iTunes Menu> Store > View my account > purchase history

And use the "Report a problem" link at the bottom.

Good luck.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Roamerick For This Useful Post:

thetoothfairy (2008-08-25)

hey when i click report a problem what exactly is suppose to happen? when i clicked it it just brought me to the top of the purchase history page and when i scrolled down the "report a problem" button dissapeared

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just a note -- i tried this and it absolutely works. i think i followed these steps:
    1) back up apps
    2) deauth computer
    3) delete all app store apps on iphone
    4) reboot iphone
    5) reauth computer
    6) mount iphone in itunes and reinstall apps

worked like gangbusters, and there's no need to contact apple to get it to work.

Thank you so much Chachlate, ive spent all weekend trying to get my itunes apps to work, and this worked a treat! i was also on my fifth authorization for my computer, i didnt realise that in your account settings you could de auth them all, and start over again, i thought i only had this one left once again many thanks

Shouldn't apple not need to do anything, just you have to deauthorize then deauthorize your computer. Maybe even redownload the apps if u have to?