Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Guitar Hero Tap It! (mod for Tap Tap Revenge) 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Megkins View Post
    Hmmm everything was working fine the other day, and now TapTap is the only app I can no longer open. It says "The application 'Tap Tap' cannot be opened." The only thing I did was sync, I wonder if that throws it off?
    Same thing happened to me and it wouldn't delete from the springboard by just hitting the X and respringing as it came back everytime. I had to SSH into the phone and then deleted the whole crazy numbered folder and forgot to backup my tracks. Yeah, I sync'ed a movie and then it broke so I'm not quite sure how to fix that other than making it a non app store sync'ed app?

after searching google the only solution i found was to crack the app. i wouldn't know how to crack an app sorry dont ask. each file inside of the app is baasically registered with an incription, when you replace any file to mod anything the codes of the new file will no longer match up. when you phone checks the files to the code and see that something doesn't match up bam your program won't open.
    1st gen iPhone custom pwn’d
    www.martinisgifts.com
    IMob friend code 129-015-829
    Mafia Live code 223-902-644

Great Job. the best Guitar Hero mod Ive seen.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm a GH addict. I already had the TTR, but this made it really cool!

Thanks!

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Travace View Post
    yet another thread about something that has nothing to do with the app store. This sections is for official apps not jailbroke stuff.
    Yet another genius who cant seem to make the link between Tap Tap Revenge and the fact that it is sold in the App Store
    iLive an iLife

for some reason it doesnt let me upload any images to the folders.......ssh says it encounted errors

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Megkins View Post
    Hmmm everything was working fine the other day, and now TapTap is the only app I can no longer open. It says "The application 'Tap Tap' cannot be opened." The only thing I did was sync, I wonder if that throws it off?
    I'm experiencing this same issue now. The app won't open. Neither will Shopper.app. I haven't synched. However, I did update (through the iPhone, not thru iTunes) a couple of other apps from the AppStore.

Update: Uninstalled both applications via SSH and rebooted. Then reinstalled the apps again (but didn't reload the GH mod). Both apps work again.
    Last edited by dkaye; 2008-08-27 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Updated with new information.

I cant get the song selection screen to show the Guitar Hero logo. Keeps showing Tap Tap. I replaced all images. Strange. Any way to get our own music in there?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

gh mod doesn't work anymore for most recent version of tap tap. jus so you guys know. you need a version prior to 1.2

and this mod kicks butt lol
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

requesting an updated version for 1.2. I miss my GH skin

I found how to make it work for version 1.2.
    1)Copy the correct files into the Tap Tapp.app like before.
    2)Copy the correct files into the Aweso.ttrTheme like before, but change background.png and background_2p.png to .jpg files.
    3)Copy the files that you put into Aweso.ttrTheme into Overdrive.ttrTheme, but don't copy winlose.png.
    4)Delete the original background.jpg and background_2p.jpg and rename the background.png and background_2p.png to .jpg files.
    5)Restart your iPhone/iPod touch and you're done.

Thank you for your effort "Sir". I will try it later. Anyone figure out how to make your own tunes work with it?

I just found out how to add custom music to 1.2.
    1)Delete the _CodeSignature folder under Tap Tap.app.
    2)Delete the CodeResources file under Tap Tap.app.
    3)Disconnect and restart iPhone. (Not sure if mandatory, but I did.)
    4)Put the custom music in .../Tap Tap.app/Tracks/Music. Make sure it's an mp4 and saved as .m4a.
    5)Put the custom tap in .../Tap Tap.app/Tracks/Taps. Make sure it has the difficult level in () and is a .tap file.
    6)Disconnect and restart iPhone. You now have your custom music!

Dude you're on fire!

Looks like the TTR-logo.png has to go in the Tap Tap.app folder also.

Do I just copy one of the other tap files or can I make a custom one?

Also, when I add my own song I get an audio error. I tried using m4a from my library and then I tried exporting it as m4p but neither work.

And lastly, how can we make the fonts black? I was checking out the plist files but dont see any font specs in them.
    Last edited by TheOrioles33; 2008-08-31 at 06:55 AM.

I downloaded a custom tap file, so the note would line up, but if you don't want them to you could probably copy an existing one and change it's name.

I don't know about the audio error, the song came with the tap file.

I don't know about the fonts, I found the two hacks by educated guessing and getting it right. I don't know anything about hacking, so beats me.

this is great, until u restart ur phone, then it must check something an dknow the apps been changed, because it wont open

I think if you just delete the _CodeSignature folder under Tap Tap.app and CodeResources file under Tap Tap.app it should fix it.

bump for updated version. and did the whole sync=broken issue get worked out? and can someone figure out a way for us jailbreakers to back to our itunes library? this would be the end all be all. great job btw

so this isn't compatible with 1.7?

To stop the synk problem I think you can rename a custom tap and song to an original tap and song and copy it in. Then when you play the original song it will actually play the custom song and the system won't notice the difference. This worked when I turned my phone off and on completely so I think it should work with a sync.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast