Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Loopt or Whrrl?

Default Loopt or Whrrl?
    So they are almost the same app but each offers a few different features. So far, what does everyone prefer or which is everyone using? I've been using Whrrl, but then I've been Loopt a bit more, it's tough going back and forth.

Creator of "Phiberglass" Theme.
    www.austingrade.com
    www.iphoneinfoblog.com
    Computer: MacBook Pro
    Processor: 2.53GHz
    Memory: 4 GB SDRAM
    Drive Space: 320 GB
    Phone: 16GB White
    External Drives: 250 GB & 350 GB

Currently, I prefer Loopt, but I'm definately not using either of these apps to their full potential. I'm just using the feature that lets me locate a contact, and I only have one contact with an iPhone running 2.0.

Wait till facebook integrates location (which they already stated they plan on doing).

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

I'm finding it hard to find very many friends to use these location apps. I guess I dont know enough people with iPhones despite how many apple sells!

I'm having trouble zooming in or out using Whrrl; is that even supported? I can zoom without any issue in Google Maps and Loopt.

i'm on loopt... but am finding it rather pointless. i only have a couple friends with iphones so hopefully the facebook app will be updated soon. i'd use the location features there much more.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Loopt is a better application, but come on - text messaging is the best way you have to do updates? AT&T's texting rates are CRAZY high!

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Loopt is a better application, but come on - text messaging is the best way you have to do updates? AT&T's texting rates are CRAZY high!
    It wouldn't be nearly as bad if you could choose not to open a text message (therefore not having to pay for it), but the iPhone is the only phone I've ever used that automatically opens every message.

I liked Loopt a lot better. It finds your location better, and it doesn't display a million of those icons everywhere. When I can't zoom in, it's almost impossible to touch the correct icon.

Default Whrrl now has zoom
    Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that we got tons of feedback about the fact that our maps did not work the way people wanted them to (didn't zoom) and we've made many changes since the initial launch of the Whrrl app in July. You can get the full details about the most recent release in this blog post I wrote about version 1.5.1.

I hope this helps, and would love to get more feedback on it. Sending an email to [email protected] goes directly to our engineers, and creates a bug. We read and respond to every message we receive.

Cheers,
    Danielle
    you can now follow Whrrl on Twitter @whrrl

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Whrrl For This Useful Post:

Kyle Matthews (2008-09-08)

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Welcome to MMi, Danielle.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

All my friends and I are on Loopt

Thanks

Umm.. is Loopt only available in the States? Cause it's not on the Canadian Appstore. I wonder why they would do that?