Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Speaker/Boombox dock under $100? Could a cheap one ruin my phone?

Default iPhone Speaker/Boombox dock under $100? Could a cheap one ruin my phone?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/New-White-Stereo...em170201580382

saw this on ebay and i was thinkin of buying in the mean time for when i jus want to play music out a bit louder when theres none around (and not through headphones).. but could it mess up my phone as its dirt cheap? lol

and yea, if anyone has any recommends on some portable boombox/speakers for the iphone under 100 bucks feel free to drop them! most ive seen are 150-200 i wont be using them a whole lot so im looking for something a bit cheaper!!

Thanks

I'd buy it . I had one like it, except it was just for ipods! i modded it to use bigger speakers! They're great, but I don't know if thay has GSM shielding.

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

Quote Originally Posted by aeox View Post
    Yea I have been looking at ones like this and similar, but on the image it shows a classic ipod i beleive it also doesnt show iphone as being compatible, would it still work?

@Aiyo - What is GSM shielding? I'm thinking of getting it for in the meantime, i'm really confused as to what docks would work with the iphone. Do all the normal ones for ipods work with iphones as well?

Quote Originally Posted by RompaRoomGang View Post
    Yea I have been looking at ones like this and similar, but on the image it shows a classic ipod i beleive it also doesnt show iphone as being compatible, would it still work?

@Aiyo - What is GSM shielding? I'm thinking of getting it for in the meantime, i'm really confused as to what docks would work with the iphone. Do all the normal ones for ipods work with iphones as well?
    GSM shielding would prevent the iphones cellular transmitter from sending interference to the speakers. You could avoid the problem by putting the phone into airplane mode but then you wouldnt be able to receive any calls while using the radio dock.

Quote Originally Posted by reyalp411 View Post
    GSM shielding would prevent the iphones cellular transmitter from sending interference to the speakers. You could avoid the problem by putting the phone into airplane mode but then you wouldnt be able to receive any calls while using the radio dock.
    Ahh I see, so which ones are available for the iPhone with GSM Shielding?

Thanks

Well there is one at the apple store for $200. Looks good, but I think everyone(including me) can do better than that. There are tons out there, we just need to look!

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Aiyo View Post
    Well there is one at the apple store for $200. Looks good, but I think everyone(including me) can do better than that. There are tons out there, we just need to look!
    Word

so let's look everyone..
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

i like the altec lansing im600 phone does interfere but shut off wifi and auto update email and interference will be very minimal and goes very loud
    if this post help click the thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The Bose sounddock is not cheap but works very well. I received a call with NO interference. I would recommend turning off Wifi and auto update like morphiusrt suggested as well. Just thought I'd put it out there

I use the dock from my Sony surround sound & it works awesome. It simply switches to airplane mode & you can listen away.

sharper image is going out of business so you can get altec lansing for 20% off not a bad deal
    if this post help click the thanks