Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 54 of 54

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple AV component for tv-out

  1. #41
    i didn't see any of those exact ones listed on ebay but found white ones very similar. since i never got a response about if they work or not, i decided to just be proactive and just order one. i'll let you guys know the results when i receive it!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

  2. #42
    mine just arrived (ebay)... i have it plugged it but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. is there a setting i have to change in order to get this to work?
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

  3. #43
    Again I'm going to put this in caps so people will read. ANY NON APPLE VIDEO CABLE/DOCK WILL NOT WORK AT THE TIME OF THIS POST. This is due to the 'lock out' chip that apple has implemented in the iPhone and iPod Touch (I don't know about the other new iPods.)


    @Mod: Please lock this thread for now. It will just reiterate the same Q abd A, over and over again.
    Last edited by Imahottguy; 2007-11-21 at 04:49 AM.

  4. #44
    are there any hacks out yet that enable the use of 3rd party cables?
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

  5. #45
    Honestly guy, it would be huge news in these forums if an app that somehow bypassed the chip was released.

  6. #46
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyb0y View Post
    Bump on this.. Does this cable work with Composite video out for iPhone.. they are 6 bux on ebay with shipping?

    -b

    I got one of these. They don't work!!!

    I've also got the official Apple Component Cable (5 plugs = 3 Video, 2 Audio) and I can view Video on my TV.....YEY!!!

    BUT....

    No audio, well, I turn my TV to it's full volume, and get a faint audio sound.

    Video only works when the component plugged directly in the iphone, and asks if you want to view (pictures/movies) on the TV. It won't work with the Dock that comes with iphone, but I've heard it works with the Universal dock, which I have arriving tomorrow.

    Will keep you posted.

    I've also read that the retractable ones only work via the Universal Dock, again, I'll test that too when mine arrives tomorrow, and will let you know.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by InspectorGadget171175 View Post
    I got one of these. They don't work!!!

    I've also got the official Apple Component Cable (5 plugs = 3 Video, 2 Audio) and I can view Video on my TV.....YEY!!!

    BUT....

    No audio, well, I turn my TV to it's full volume, and get a faint audio sound.

    Video only works when the component plugged directly in the iphone, and asks if you want to view (pictures/movies) on the TV. It won't work with the Dock that comes with iphone, but I've heard it works with the Universal dock, which I have arriving tomorrow.

    Will keep you posted.

    I've also read that the retractable ones only work via the Universal Dock, again, I'll test that too when mine arrives tomorrow, and will let you know.
    Curious to hear your findings. Very strange that you dont get sound out of your Apple Component Cable. I own the Apple Composite Cable (3 plugs = 1 Video, 2 Audio) and I get perfect stereo sound for both music and video. I have the video cable plugged into my tv but the audio cables are plugged into my stereo. Have you restarted your phone, checked the plug connections etc etc?

  8. #48
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Not tellin'
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I have the apple composite a/v cable wire to my car nav/stereo system and i get great sound and picture from it. The screen is only 7" though and to bad I didn't try it on my home television before I installed it in my car.

  9. #49
    now i hope someone makes a program that uses the apple official av cord and convert it where the iphone will act like a tv... so i can use the iphone to stick in big systems and bring it with me wherever

  10. #50
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by qdabean View Post
    Curious to hear your findings. Very strange that you dont get sound out of your Apple Component Cable. I own the Apple Composite Cable (3 plugs = 1 Video, 2 Audio) and I get perfect stereo sound for both music and video. I have the video cable plugged into my tv but the audio cables are plugged into my stereo. Have you restarted your phone, checked the plug connections etc etc?
    Yeah, tried everything. Restarted phone, mute on and off, full volume on phone, checked cables in the rear or TV tuner, all connected correctly.

    I must have a duff set of cables if it works for others.

    I may try the composite ones, as my TV Tuner also has input ports for these.

    Universal dock didn't fix sound issue with the Component cables, and also retractable cables stil don't work at all.

    I like the remote control feature though, very cool.

  11. #51
    are there any hacks out yet to get 3rd party cables to work? if not, are there any in development?
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

  12. #52
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by InspectorGadget171175 View Post
    Yeah, tried everything. Restarted phone, mute on and off, full volume on phone, checked cables in the rear or TV tuner, all connected correctly.

    I must have a duff set of cables if it works for others.

    I may try the composite ones, as my TV Tuner also has input ports for these.

    Universal dock didn't fix sound issue with the Component cables, and also retractable cables stil don't work at all.

    I like the remote control feature though, very cool.

    Apple official Composite cable works fine, and in the Universal Dock. Sweeeet.

    So either it's a problem with the Apple Component cable itself, or it's not compatible with the iphone, even though it states it is.

    At least I've proved it's not a problem with my phone.

  13. #53
    I decided to look at the problem objectively and figure out why they needed to control the video out function with an ID chip. Check this:

    IPod Dock - HwB

    They multiplexed the Composite/Svideo and Component Video on the same pins of the 30 pin dock; probably because there was not enough left. There would thus need to be an idiot proof way for the Ipod to know what video mode to put out - or otherwise damage may occur to user's expensive HDTV's and so on. This might be how they could for instance add HDMI later - by multiplexing more of the pins.

    It would be nice for Apple to just explain this or provide a Composite selection for folks who just want to get out the composite signal for their older gear. It stands to reason that any new accessories that use RGB Component video would NEED to have the ID chip to get the ipod into the new video mode. So if a cable or device doesn't have the chip, at least put out composite mode!

    Perhaps Apple can provide this feature on their next software update. They really will go farther (sell more $100's in new model upgraders) by keeping people happy and loyal to the ipod, even with rouge 3rd party accessories, than they would nickel and dimeing the stupid cables.

  14. #54
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,474
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

    I just want to be able to output my Orblive tv.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •