Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: apple composite cables not working

Thanks

Default apple composite cables not working
    I got a set of the official apple composite cables about 10 months ago. they worked just fine. I have used them until about June, and I tried to use them last night. when I plugged them in, I got "accessory not optimized for iPhone" popup. I ignored it. when I plugged it into my tv I only got sound, no video.

tried rebooting, same. but the popup no longer came, just wouldn't show video only sound. are the cables not supported by 4.1? I googled, but it wasn't very conclusive.

Hi
    I have one it's work fine with new iOS 4.1 but I have the one hade 5 cable not the one with 3 cable

Sent from my iPhone 4

Thanks

hmm, i went to apple, they said it should work with 4.1, the employee said there's a switch in ipod settings in 4.1 that i have to turn on. i didn't want to give her my phone, but there isn't anything different in the ipod settings that would seem to enable video out.

Thanks

anyone? i tried my wife's iphone and it didn't work. so it's not my phone, which ran thru my mind.

Thanks

Ok, got a set of new cables from apple and still not working. Tried my sister's ipod Nano and it didn't work either. is there a setting in itunes i have to do??

Thanks

called apple, they had no idea why the cables weren't working on 3 devices.

I had the same thing happen to mine, except I have component cables not composite. The thing I was overlooking was that when I tried to play a video, a screen would pop up and you have to choose either:
    Play on iPhone
    Play on tv
    Etc
    Etc.

Make sure you are choosing watch on tv.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swol_je View Post
    I had the same thing happen to mine, except I have component cables not composite. The thing I was overlooking was that when I tried to play a video, a screen would pop up and you have to choose either:
    Play on iPhone
    Play on tv
    Etc
    Etc.

Make sure you are choosing watch on tv.
    I've never seen that option. however today I tried on my cousins non jailbroken iPhone 4 and it worked fine. so I guess it has to do with my phone being jb. although that doesn't explain the nano not working. so is there maybe a fix or patch?

Mine is jailbroke too. Where are you getting the videos from? are they playing through your ipod or are you downloading them through Safari Download Manager and playing them through iFile?

Theres also an app so you dont get the "accessory not supported" pop up, but I cant remember the name of the app sorry..

Thanks

nope, i have videos on my computer and they've worked before. playing thru ipod. did you use limera1n or greenpois0n to jailbreak?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have them as well and I just watched a movie playing from my iphone 3g. I did not change any settings at all on the phone. Just plug and play. I just checked my settings on the iphone and here is what I have.

Start Playing WHERE LEFT OFF
    CC OFF
    Widescreen OFF
    TV Signal NTSC

What does yours say?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itsbrad View Post
    I have them as well and I just watched a movie playing from my iphone 3g. I did not change any settings at all on the phone. Just plug and play. I just checked my settings on the iphone and here is what I have.

Start Playing WHERE LEFT OFF
    CC OFF
    Widescreen OFF
    TV Signal NTSC

What does yours say?
    i tried many combinations of settings. i think it has to do with my limera1n jailbreak. i wanna go back to 4.1 and jb with greenpoison but i dont really feel like going thru all that again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Mine was jailbroken the same way and unlocked. Just letting you know.

I have a jailbroken 3GS and my daughter has a non-jailbroken 3GS. We're both running 4.1, and the composite cable (Apple authentic) I bought works on her phone BUT not on mine. Can the jailbreak kill the video? (yes, I do get audio on mine, just no video)

Has anyone made any progress?

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ddease2 View Post
    I have a jailbroken 3GS and my daughter has a non-jailbroken 3GS. We're both running 4.1, and the composite cable (Apple authentic) I bought works on her phone BUT not on mine. Can the jailbreak kill the video? (yes, I do get audio on mine, just no video)

Has anyone made any progress?

Thanks
    yep. I found out the jailbreak kills it. only solution is to buy resupported4 from Cydia store. IMO kinda unfair to have to pay to restore a native feature that was lost during a jailbreak but there's no way around it if you need the function. it's not expensive though

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    That is bizarre that mine works 100% and I have JB the same way and unlocked as well.

Default Thanks, Patoons
    Quote Originally Posted by patoons View Post
    yep. I found out the jailbreak kills it. only solution is to buy resupported4 from Cydia store. IMO kinda unfair to have to pay to restore a native feature that was lost during a jailbreak but there's no way around it if you need the function. it's not expensive though
    Like an idiot, I had to test this for myself a few days ago. I updated my 3GS to 4.2.1 and now video works. UNFORTUNATELY, more important to video (at least to me) is MyWi, which is now gone without the jailbreak.

Speaking of which, anyone have suggestions as to the best software to jailbreak my 4.2.1? I used Spirit to go from 3.1.3 to 4.0, and it was a breeze. I'm looking at Redsnow and Greenpois0n. Any recommendations?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itsbrad View Post
    That is bizarre that mine works 100% and I have JB the same way and unlocked as well.
    That is strange. This is your 3GS or your 4? What is your firmware date and what did you use to Jailbreak? Are you running 4.2.1?
    Last edited by ddease2; 2011-02-06 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost