Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Keep switching screen protectors, help me decide!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Keep switching screen protectors, help me decide!
    Hey guys, so far I've gone from Incipio included Crystal Screen protector to my current Matte screen protector.

Unfortunately, I noticed that the matte protector makes the screen appear "grainy" and it really looks pretty bad when I have it on my 3GS..

I've been told that no screen protector is the best, however, I can't get over the fact that I might... just MIGHT scratch the screen. This would probably bug me to hell so I was looking for the best screen protector that has the least impact on the screen performance and clarity.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I had a matte one too and it did make it grainy. Got me all irritated. I got this cheapo brand called Extreme Guard for $2.00 free shipping on Amazon. It's clear and smooth to touch and i absolutely love it. It was supposed to be temporary but I ended up loving it that I'm not bothering with my other screen protectors I bought. That's just me tho...

I think the price is way too awesome lol. But SGP line is supposed to be great. They're expensive though, like about $27+ per screen protector.

You can see why I'm ecstatic about my $2 screen protector :P

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    I had a matte one too and it did make it grainy. Got me all irritated. I got this cheapo brand called Extreme Guard for $2.00 free shipping on Amazon. It's clear and smooth to touch and i absolutely love it. It was supposed to be temporary but I ended up loving it that I'm not bothering with my other screen protectors I bought. That's just me tho...

I think the price is way too awesome lol. But SGP line is supposed to be great. They're expensive though, like about $27+ per screen protector.

You can see why I'm ecstatic about my $2 screen protector :P
    Wow I took a look at SGP and MAN is that expensive. 27 dollar case or just a piece of plastic? Seems one of those "branded" ripoffs to me. Maybe something a littie more affordable? Something I can buy in retail stores, because I'm currently overseas.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Yeah I know right? SGP is just the screen protector for about $27+. I would never buy it but the reviews all say 5 stars and good thing only about it.

That's for the big ballers I guess lol. I really like my $2 clear screen protector.

Guess what I'm trying to say is, not all the cheap ones are bad. You know those wireless stores in the mall or something (not actual like AT&T or anything)? They've got like the $5 or $10 ones, I've never tried them cuz I always buy online, but I say give it a go. Some of the cheap ones turn out awesome compared to like the $15 or $20 ones.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-10-08 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

Dr.Xanax (2010-10-08)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Yeah I know right? SGP is just the screen protector for about $27+. I would never buy it but the reviews all say 5 stars and good thing only about it.

That's for the big ballers I guess lol. I really like my $2 clear screen protector.

Guess what I'm trying to say is, not all the cheap ones are bad. You know those wireless stores in the mall or something (not actual like AT&T or anything)? They've got like the $5 or $10 ones, I've never tried them cuz I always buy online, but I say give it a go. Some of the cheap ones turn out awesome compared to like the $15 or $20 ones.

Thanks buddy! I left a thanks for your post. Also, looking for a good 3GS case at the moment. I have an otterbox defender case but I'm simply finding it to be FAR too bulky for practical use. I can't even fit it into my pants all the way (the phone sticks halfway out of my pocket lol). I was looking for a slimmer case that would provide at least some drop protection (I tend to be overprotective, even though I've never really dropped the phone). Perferably one that covers the volume buttons and such and maybe even the headphone and dock?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Oh I don't know of too many cases besides otterbox that covers the volume buttons and jack. Have you tried the other otterbox line such as the Impact or Commuter?

When I had a 3G, I was particularly fond of the Incase slider case. I had a couple of Incipio silicone ones but I didn't much use those.

I think the Incase slider was my all time favorite. I also had a Speck candyshell which covers the volume buttons and power button, in case you were interested. I used the Speck almost as much as the Incase Slider.

I'm rocking this right now -> Welcome to SwitchEasy

Its comes with plugs for the Jack and dock ports. It also comes with a clear but fairly crappy screen protector.

***Side note***
    I purchased the SGP Carbon back for $17 (about 2 months ago), it comes with a good SGP screen protector.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I just like the Zaag shield. it does not get scratched as easily as the cheap ones on ebay (yes plastic scratches too) and its clear and not grainy like the matte ones. for the phone I have the Element Vapor 4 case, its aluminum bumper with carbon fiber back... looks ridiculously bad ***, but its f***ing 200 bucks LOL

^^^Thanks, if it was mine you bought off ebay.

The best screen protected I phone 4 it's power support HD anti Clare one it's amazing I have it for my I phone 4 its relay great one you can got it from apple store it's cheaper than eBay her in uk.

Hi
    The best one I have use it's power support anti Clare HD it's from apple store the price it's 13 pound for 2 pieces

Sent from my iPhone 4

My choice is Surface Shield and of all places--Best Buy or any Best Buy Mobile dealer. They are only $17 and you get 5 crystal clear protectors. I wouldn't buy from anywhere else. It's. Great product and are as good as the ones that accompanied the Otterbox Commuter case (I threw out) they included.

I had anti-glare screens from Att and hated them. Made the screen images look grainy (as others stated) but actually made no difference at all on protecting from glare.

I thing you are wrong her as the power support it's HD and you not see the big different trust me as I using this one for my both I phone long time now and still like new no finger print and I am really like it sure there's alot off choice out today

Sent from my iPhone

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Are you sure it made no difference? While the anti-glare matte screen guards diminish quality, they certainly make the phone much more usable in sunny, outdoor environments.

I use it it's HD new anti Clare from power support trust me I apply for my both I phone 4 long time now

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

The one that came with my new SGP case is nice. Always used the Zagg protectors on my 3G, but this one was much easier to install than Zagg. No bubbles, can use the phone right after installation & does not interphere with the picture quality or touch response

Thanks

When considering cases, watch out on the slider ones. Sometimes they aren't very friendly to screen protectors. I had a slider case on my old 3G and every time I put it on, bubbles would form on the sides because of how close the slider case slides on to the phone; it would slide against the protector and cause bubbles. It annoyed me a ton.

As for screen protectors, I just buy a three pack of them from Wal-Mart for like seven bucks. The brand is casemate. They work great. Very smooth to the touch. My phone fell out from my seat when I was getting out of my car last night and the screen protector took the hit of scratches for the phone. I'll probably be sticking to this brand because of the quality and cheap price.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

I highly reccomend the SwitchEasy Pure+. It is great quality and covers the top speaker and the FaceTime camera separately, no long line.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

It's all about installation

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    It's all about installation
    Yes, the SwitchEasy Pure applies very easily in my opinion, I got no bubbles on my first attempt! Anyway, I like the individual cutouts and the quality is on par with SGP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast