Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Speck Pixel HD Case - New or Old

Default Speck Pixel HD Case - New or Old
    The newer model of Speck's Pixel HD case has an oval opening on the back for the lens and flash. The older style had a tear drop shape opening.

Has anyone received this new style case for their Free Case offer?

That's the one that I received. Looks great in the box.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to The_13th_Plague For This Useful Post:

volvik (2010-09-29)

i got mine in the middle of last week, and it is the oval.

great case by the way..

That's encouraging. I just got an email from Apple letting me know that my Speck Pixel HD case just shipped and will be here by next week.

It appears that there's 3 versions of this case.

V1 - Key hole opening for camera lens
    V2 - Oval opening for camera and harder plastic material
    V3 - Oval opening for camera and back to softer material as V1

Due to the harder plastic material in V2 some users experienced problems in pressing the buttons with the harder material.

I'm hoping that the one that just shipped from Apple for me is the V3 or I guess I'll have to explore the replacement option with Speck (which is quite seamless so I've read)

Fingers crossed.

Then of course there's the eBay Hong Kong screen protectors that I bought....we'll wait and see about them hahaha.

I must of got V2 it's almost impossible for me to push the volume buttons. My home/lock button is alright though.

You say there is a replacement option? Can you explain more..

And I would go with Power Support screen protectors best one I ever bought for my 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by greek.guy View Post
    I must of got V2 it's almost impossible for me to push the volume buttons. My home/lock button is alright though.

You say there is a replacement option? Can you explain more...
    There are 3 versions and it appears that the latest goes back to the more pliable material allowing the buttons to be depressed easily but retained the oval camera opening.

If you contact Speck they should explain and I understand they're real good at sending off a new unit. Very good customer service.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to volvik For This Useful Post:

greek.guy (2010-09-30)

My iPhone is a Part of Me ufcsean's Avatar
    Thanks

The revised pixelskin hd is a p.o.s don't bother!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by volvik View Post
    There are 3 versions and it appears that the latest goes back to the more pliable material allowing the buttons to be depressed easily but retained the oval camera opening.

If you contact Speck they should explain and I understand they're real good at sending off a new unit. Very good customer service.

thanks a lot, i didnt know they had different versions, or that they send replacements if i contact them and complain a little.
    but ill give it a shot.

Thanks

Didn't realise they're making a THIRD version of the damn thing.

I've got the "2nd" version and I can honestly say it's the worst case i've ever owned...EVER.

Quote Originally Posted by ufcsean View Post
    Didn't realise they're making a THIRD version of the damn thing.

I've got the "2nd" version and I can honestly say it's the worst case i've ever owned...EVER.
    what do you hate about it so much about?
    just curious..

Thanks

what do you hate about it so much about?
    just curious..
    The buttons / the rubber (basically HARD plastic) that covers the buttons both volume and sleep/wake...they do NOT push in it physically hurts your fingers to press them i'm not lying either.

Also the case is very very hard to take off once its on because the material is so sturdy it's no longer a TPU case it's utter junk.

P.S Speck's customer service is AMAZING...they sent me the revised candyshell and because it had a problem they sent me another one without me having to do anything or send anything back! They even threw in a pack of speck shield view anti glare screen protectors! Can't go wrong with their customer service but all in all the 2nd PS HD is a piece of S#@T.

Quote Originally Posted by ufcsean View Post
    The buttons / the rubber (basically HARD plastic) that covers the buttons both volume and sleep/wake...they do NOT push in it physically hurts your fingers to press them i'm not lying either.

Also the case is very very hard to take off once its on because the material is so sturdy it's no longer a TPU case it's utter junk.

P.S Speck's customer service is AMAZING...they sent me the revised candyshell and because it had a problem they sent me another one without me having to do anything or send anything back! They even threw in a pack of speck shield view anti glare screen protectors! Can't go wrong with their customer service but all in all the 2nd PS HD is a piece of S#@T.
    i agree, with the buttons being very hard..

but you just contacted them about the V2 and they sent you a new one and you sent them the old one?
    am i understanding correctly?

Thanks

i agree, with the buttons being very hard..

but you just contacted them about the V2 and they sent you a new one and you sent them the old one?
    am i understanding correctly?
    Nah mate.

I had the old CandyShell and they changed that twice with no problems.

I had the PS HD from the apple case program and ive got the 2nd version and i haven't contacted speck yet i dont know if i can be bothered either lol

Well here's hoping that the one that's in transit for me is the 3rd version back to the softer silicone material. I just got notice from Apple the other day that is was shipping so I don't know if they're shipping the old stock or new.