Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Frayed iPhone Bumper

Default Frayed iPhone Bumper
    I'm not exactly sure where this is supposed to be posted but I did a lot of google-ing and couldn't find anything similar. But the rubber back-side of the bottom-right corner of my bumper has become detached from the plastic. I have a feeling it's only going to get worse with time which pisses me off since I go out of my way to take care of this fragile phone. Of course I didn't have to pay for the bumper but with a $30 price tag I would think it hold together A LOT better. It's not even a month old! Do you think it would be possible to exchange this bumper for a new one even tho it was free?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by dncrgrl View Post
    I'm not exactly sure where this is supposed to be posted but I did a lot of google-ing and couldn't find anything similar. But the rubber back-side of the bottom-right corner of my bumper has become detached from the plastic. I have a feeling it's only going to get worse with time which pisses me off since I go out of my way to take care of this fragile phone. Of course I didn't have to pay for the bumper but with a $30 price tag I would think it hold together A LOT better. It's not even a month old! Do you think it would be possible to exchange this bumper for a new one even tho it was free?
    When you got it did it come with any paperwork?
    Anything resembling a receipt?

If so, it may be covered under warranty (warranties usually hold up regardless of how much if anything you paid) and you should enquire from the people you got it from if it can be returned/repaired.

If you walked into an Apple Store, and they just handed it to you, no questions asked- it may be more difficult.

Either way, you'd have to ask the people you got it from; unless you have paperwork stating that its covered under some sort of warranty (you may have to return it to the manufacturer).

MMi probably is not going to have the answer for you, unfortunately. (good luck)