Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Case Flash Apertures

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Lightbulb iPhone 4 Case Flash Apertures
    I'm not sure if this has been brought up, I did a quick look around but didn't see anything.

Anyone in the market for an iPhone case, stay away from the ones with smaller aperture hole for the LED flash. It dark/twilight conditions the flash will illuminate the case causing it to fog out your image/video.

Bad:

Better:

I have noticed that the issue doesn't seem to happen on my black case, however it is really bad on my purple or white cases.

My case:

With Case:

Without:

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Retell For This Useful Post:

tonyyvo (2010-08-19)

iPhone? More like MyPhone (((Pipo 79)))'s Avatar
    Thanks

is real, i have the same problem whit my blue case.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Pronup's Avatar
    Thanks

I ordered a case from marware and all of the sudden it was put on backorder. They emailed me saying that they were re-manufacturing the case for this same reason!

I actually think this is a fairly big problem.

Easy solution.

- Remove case from phone
    - Use black permanent marker to paint the area around the flash and camera in black (just the beveled area)
    - Install and enjoy with no effects on the image

6. The Following User Says Thank You to zoti For This Useful Post:

Retell (2010-08-26)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pronup View Post
    I ordered a case from marware and all of the sudden it was put on backorder. They emailed me saying that they were re-manufacturing the case for this same reason!

I actually think this is a fairly big problem.
    iFrogz also admitted it was a problem. I don't see how they could call it extremely rare.

"We appreciate your input, and we apologize for the trouble you are having. It is an extremely rare issue with our cases, but we are aware, and are correcting the issue right now. If you would like, you can send that case into us and we will supply you with a new case, as soon as those are available."

I'm not sure if this has been brought up, I did a quick look around but didn't see anything.

I did a quick look around
    Last edited by johnmicro; 2010-08-26 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by johnmicro View Post

I did a quick look around
    It's been brought up by several iphone users: by word of mouth or by these forum posts. The more the people are aware of this issue, the better so that manufacturers would consider fixing the problem. Thanks for sharing. ^^