Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS Cases: Which One is Right For Me?

Thanks
    Talking iPhone 3GS Cases: Which One is Right For Me?
    I've had an iPhone, the original iPhone, that came out when the iPhone was first launched. I was absolutely in love with it, not for all the cool apps and etc, but just the screen and I didn't upgrade to 2G or 3G because I really liked the one I had. Unfortunately, after a little mishap at a lounge and this happens to all of us, I ended up dropping my phone and I realized that the hardened plastic case couldn't do anything for the cracked screen I had.

I've been through a crap load of cases for my 3GS and it seems that those vendor cases that look really cool and you pay about $10 - $20 for don't seem to cut it past the first three or four drops. And knowing me, that'll happen at four or five times before the month is up - It's just it, I'm really bad with holding on to my phone, especially one that I am not really too keen on buying a belt clip for either.

I went through a few more cases, I did become a bit more cautious with my iPhone because of the fact I didn't have such a rock solid case. I tried those really annoying gel cases and they weren't worth much either. They were good in some sense but overall they sucked especially for a distance fall. My cousin eventually introduced me to some of the SwitchEasy case and when I saw the Rebel Serpent Black case - I was immediately in love and not in love love, romantically in love. I'm not sure what's worse the fact that I'm actually happy that I can be wreck less and or the fact that I'm salivating over an iPhone case.

One of the reasons as to why this case is amazing is because it combines the best of both worlds in gel fashioned and hard-body cases all in one. Not only that but it adds an interesting kind of protection for a free fall screen first. Odds are if I had this case on my original iPhone, I don't think I would have shattered it. HOWEVER, if you have this case, don't go around throwing it face first into a jagged concrete, you're only going to pay a lot of money to prove that you're an idiot. And to top it off, now you have a broken screen and if you are one of the tens of thousands of people that have it jail-broken, so much for the warranty right?

All in all, ever since I have added this case to my collection, I have dropped it numerous times and in interesting ways too - I would highly recommend that you buy this case, it comes in white as well. And I have yet to be disappointed, sure it's a tad bit on the expensive side but it beats paying for a new case every two months right?

Well, if you're like me then ever month?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryuzaki 786 For This Useful Post:

dennisbp (2010-08-10), lilaDlee (2010-08-11)

Thank you very much for sharing this. I've looked a lot of different cases. I have a hard plastic case that has saved me a couple of times, but this one looks great.

The iP4 ones too. I wonder if they are a part of Apple's free bumper program.

Thanks
    Your welcome, I just found it really difficult to find an absolutely strong case without sacrificing a lot of space. And for the most part, this post is directed at those who aren't tech savvy and know where to get the one of the more long lasting cases out there. I know I must have spent at least $80 from my first iPhone to the recent 3GS, on cases alone. So it helps when you have someone gearing you towards the right direction.