Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Multi-purpose Duct Tape iPhone Case

Default Multi-purpose Duct Tape iPhone Case
    Here is my multi-purpose iphone case made out of duct tape

I use to have a simple transparent rubber case and I would stuff my money and license in the back because I don't carry a wallet. That case started ripping and my solution was to make my own.

My first case was like a book and was really bulky and hard to type.

My second case contained paper and pencil holder, concealed card holder, and wallet

My third and current contains a spot for my license (which I also hold my parking tickets or anything else I need), my keys, and my money. I could add more but it would eventually just get messy.

Some of you may say it's a stupid idea to have my money with my phone. My defense: If I didn't, I would just have money stuffed in my pocket because I don't want carry a wallet. I put all my eggs in a basket and I shall protect that basket.

Also, please give me some more ideas of what I could add on.

The phone is held to the case with duct tape (I need to get velcro one day) and it sticks pretty well and I can easily rip it off if I need to. Fits all iphones

I hope you like it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dsc03183.jpg   -dsc03184.jpg   -dsc03185.jpg   -dsc03186.jpg  

Hahaha
    Creative and very interesting....
    So does your invention fit in your pocket?? It looks quite bulky. How long did it take you to make the duct tape case??

Yeah, it fits really easily in my pockets.

Rough dimension:
    1" thick (a bit thinner)
    5" long
    2.5" wide

I'm not pro with working with duct tape so this one took about a little less than an hour. I used some insulation foam I found, traced it with sharpie, cut it, wrapped it in duct tape, cut a slot for the camera, connected the two flaps, and then I did add-ons. I'm currently thinking of what I could design for the front cover to make it look nice.

Also about the thickness: It's less thick than carrying a phone AND a wallet.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol

What's so funny? :P

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

nice dude!! I made one awhile back that let you use the screen but couldn't use the buttons and all...6th comment down:

http://modmyi.com/forums/accessory-r...ck-tape-2.html
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.