Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Otterbox Defender for Iphone 4

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Otterbox Defender for Iphone 4
    I have heard some people allready has gotten their Otterbox Defender for their Iphone 4 and was wondering how it was working out!

The main reason is I have one on order but it has not arrived yet!

I have been having problems with my Iphone 4 and took it buy the AT&T store again and the sweet little girl did some testing and her and a couple other reps say the problem is the Otterbox plain jane cover that was the first I bought for my 3gs which is what I am using till my Otterbox Defender comes in!

What they are saying is that some covers are causing this problem as they were designed for like my 3gs and cover certian things up differently than the one for the Iphone 4!

This is the reason I would like to here from somebody who has the new Otterbox Defender for Iphone 4 and if any problems!

The problem I am or was having was when I call someone or someone called me and I removed the Iphones 4 from my ear and go to press the End Call button or icon the phone would freeze up and I could not use any function that was on the screen for about 3 or 4 minute or by doing a power reset!

So just wondering and I will see if taking it out of the rubber cover fixes or not!

Yea I'm waiting on one too

Go here someone toward the bottom posted pics and a small review http://modmyi.com/forums/accessory-r...available.html

I get mine tomorrow. Can't wait. Hoping it'll help with my proximity problems.

How much does this hideous looking thing cost?

I got mine for 45 shipped. For me it's well worth it. My job puts my phone thru heck. I dripped my iPhone 3G so many times and it doesn't have a scratch. Even dripped it down like 10 concrete steps and the case is beat but the phone was fine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lunercrab View Post
    Go here someone toward the bottom posted pics and a small review http://modmyi.com/forums/accessory-r...available.html

I get mine tomorrow. Can't wait. Hoping it'll help with my proximity problems.
    Try taking it out of the cover if you have one on it! My old 3gs was the lower price Otterbox cover, just a basic cover and that'w what I was using untill my Otterbox defender come in! So far out of the cover it is working but now I have put into a cheaper cover that other than the bottom is almost like a bumper and its still working but time will tell!

Let me know how your's works!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lunercrab View Post
    I got mine for 45 shipped. For me it's well worth it. My job puts my phone thru heck. I dripped my iPhone 3G so many times and it doesn't have a scratch. Even dripped it down like 10 concrete steps and the case is beat but the phone was fine.
    I have had two corpral tunnel surgeries on right arm and hand and I have it in the left just not as bad! I have lost some of my motor skills in the right and I drop stuff all the time with it so I go to have a Otterbox Defender to survive!

Also I have seen 8 Iphone 4 for sale in Craigslist in my area with broken glass!
    Last edited by area51crypto; 2010-07-28 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I wouldnt mind otterbox if they didnt print their logo on it so huge. I mean come on we know its an otterbox by the bulk alone. Lawlz.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GrabYourWeapons's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by area51crypto View Post
    The problem I am or was having was when I call someone or someone called me and I removed the Iphones 4 from my ear and go to press the End Call button or icon the phone would freeze up and I could not use any function that was on the screen for about 3 or 4 minute or by doing a power reset!
    The reason your phone is staying black whenever you take the phone away from your face is because the iPhone 4s proximity sensor (which is what detects the phone is against your face or not) was moved to above the receiver of the phone. So this causes the sensor to be blocked and for all the phone knows it is still against your face when it's not.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrabYourWeapons View Post
    The reason your phone is staying black whenever you take the phone away from your face is because the iPhone 4s proximity sensor (which is what detects the phone is against your face or not) was moved to above the receiver of the phone. So this causes the sensor to be blocked and for all the phone knows it is still against your face when it's not.
    This is true, the first thing the girl at AT&T did was remove the cover from the Iphone 4 and looked at it and then did the power reset thing and as long as the cover, which was from my old 3gs, was removed the phone worked fine and you could not make it lockup!

I came home and have another cover that I had used on a 2g which other than the back looked like a Apple Bumper and I tried it and so far the iphone has not gave me any problems! Its been about week now!

That's why I was wanting to know if anybody had problems with the new Otterbox Defender with the new Iphone 4!

Default locking
    hiiii

I have been having problems with my Iphone 4 and took it buy the AT&T store again and the sweet little girl did some testing and her and a couple other reps say the problem is the Otterbox plain jane cover that was the first I bought for my 3gs which is what I am using till my Otterbox Defender comes in!

hiiii

"For connecting to remote desktop of another computer (via internet or network) and controls. Also connecting to VNCServer through Repeater or directly to VNCServer and a lot of other configuration options.
    For more details VNCServer "
    Last edited by l.chaos45; 2010-08-03 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost