Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Otterbox for the iphone 4 is available!

Default Otterbox for the iphone 4 is available!
    For those who have been waiting .

The defender series is now ready for ordering.

Cant wait for Bestbuy to get them in stock and then ill buy one.
    (Wife is a manager employee discounts rock)

We've Got Technology Covered // OtterBox.com

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woolfman72 For This Useful Post:

EduGeek (2010-07-20), kadinh (2010-07-20)

I was just coming here to make the same announcement but it seems I'm late. I kinda wish they had more colors from the start for the Defender but that didn't stop me from ordering one in black. I love these cases.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Looks nice. I never liked the one for the 3g/3gs but the more square shape of this one looks good. Wonder if there will be any problems with the flash and the case?
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

ooohhhhhh

looks nice. the ONLY case ive liked so far for the i4.

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

ooo...i had the one for the 3g and it protects amazingly, though I don't know if I'm willing to pay another 50 bucks for onee...but still cool
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to wannabprogramma For This Useful Post:

EduGeek (2010-07-20)

Did anyone ever notice that at AT&T stores if you watch employees they will play with their own phone on downtime but there is always a otterboxed iPhone on their hip they have no problem throwing around to prove it's durability? Everyone there has one I know they don't all like that style are they assigned them every mornin and get a commision or something. They are amazin cases and all but no way they can all like the bulkiness and qlot of people get them for work site protection but I don't think bein in customer service is that dangerous.

Sweet I've been desperately waiting for one of these. I have one for my 3G and let me tell u I've dropped my phone so many times it should be in a million pieces. This cover has saved my *** many a time

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lunercrab For This Useful Post:

EduGeek (2010-07-20)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've been told that the ATT stores won't be carrying the new Otterbox. A person there mentioned that some other case they have is supposed to replace it.

Regardless, I've already ordered mine from Otterbox.

Hey guys there is a 10% plus free ground shipping coupon code good till July 31st.

Techbargains6100p

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lunercrab For This Useful Post:

BeachLivin88 (2010-08-04), ricgo (2010-08-10)

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

i had two cases for the 3G (i won one from MMI, thanks guys!) and both of them held up really well. i worked for a carpentry shop at the beginning of 2009 and the case kept out all of the sawdust and protected from bangs and bumps. some ppl asked me if i even used the iphone when i used my other case when away from work to keep bulk-level down.

i would buy one for the i4.....if it didnt look so dang good naked!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to kadinh For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (2010-07-28)

Ugly. I guess if you work in a construction zone you need that bulky protection.

To each his own.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to eballesq For This Useful Post:

Honestly I think it's worth the money for me. My phone gets dropped alot. Plus I love the fact that if any part breaks I call them up and replacement is at my door within 3 days for free. I've replaced four parts on my case within a year and a half without any issues. Yeah it makes the phone bulky but I like knowing it keeps it safe. I've dropped my 3G down a flight of 7 concrete stairs without a scratch once. Lol my case is beat to hell but my phones in almost mint condition. I will say that I wish the case had some rubber lining on the inside cause the case did scuff up the back of my 3G alittle but I got a zagg invisashied for the iPhone 4 to hopefully stop that from happening again with the new phone.
    Last edited by lunercrab; 2010-07-21 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Just got mine in the mail today! I love it! The built in screen protector doesn't cause air bubbles anymore! I used to cut out the screen protector with a razor blade because of this on previous models. And as usual, all ports and buttons are easily accessed. The silent switch is even easier to access than on older models. Here's some pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0838.jpg   -img_0839.jpg   -img_0840.jpg   -img_0841.jpg   -img_0842.jpg   -img_0843.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Gillmore View Post
    Just got mine in the mail today! I love it! The built in screen protector doesn't cause air bubbles anymore! I used to cut out the screen protector with a razor blade because of this on previous models. And as usual, all ports and buttons are easily accessed. The silent switch is even easier to access than on older models. Here's some pics.
    hey how is the flash with that case...does it bother it at all...i know some people where having case/flash with it washing out pictures...i was just curious how this one was...

I don't think so. But, see for yourself. I just snapped this one to show you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0906.jpg  

Oh that's not bad at all. I know some cases we ba for people. Sweet I get mine on Tuesday. Can't wait

I just noticed that the rear camera and flash don't have a clear film covering them like in previous models. The front camera and proximity sensor do have the clear film. Like I said before, this versions screen film does not make air bubble spots. I didn't even have to use baby powder or palm grease like they used to advise. Also, the speaker and mic at the bottom are no longer covered with anything.

I hope Otterbox sells different color parts in the future so we can mix and match different color combinations. I've always liked a white plastic inside with a black outer rubber shell.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

If you go to Otterbox they have a video and show you how to spray baby power on it and IT WORKS! Don't use to much just do like they show you! You can't really see the power on the iphone but its there and when you put back together no bubbles!

Yeah I actually did use baby powder for a little but I would have to reapply it once a week to keep up the desired effect. I just got tired of it. I like the way the glass feels better anyway. I don't have the issue on the new Otterbox case but I'll probably still eventually end up cutting out the plastic screen cover. I don't really think it's needed. I've NEVER gotten a single scratch on the screens of the four iPhones I've owned.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Cory Gillmore For This Useful Post:

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I actually did use baby powder for a little but I would have to reapply it once a week to keep up the desired effect. I just got tired of it. I like the way the glass feels better anyway. I don't have the issue on the new Otterbox case but I'll probably still eventually end up cutting out the plastic screen cover. I don't really think it's needed. I've NEVER gotten a single scratch on the screens of the four iPhones I've owned.
    I actually didn't have to redo mine as about every month or two I would take it out just to feel the iphone

I really guess its what job or work area you are in and mine is subject to get scratched!

Do you have any proximity sensor problems?

Thanks

I just noticed that the rear camera and flash don't have a clear film covering them like in previous models. The front camera and proximity sensor do have the clear film. Like I said before, this versions screen film does not make air bubble spots. I didn't even have to use baby powder or palm grease like they used to advise. Also, the speaker and mic at the bottom are no longer covered with anything.

I hope Otterbox sells different color parts in the future so we can mix and match different color combinations. I've always liked a white plastic inside with a black outer rubber shell.
    I agree and I can't figure out why they don't unless they just wanted to get some out quick and I belive the colored will follow!
    Last edited by area51crypto; 2010-07-28 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast